Concealed broken products.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hivemaker.

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Does anyone else on here get annoyed when they buy something that is ridiculously over packaged, and difficult to open, and often when opened the contents are broken, the product in this case that most annoys me are biscuits.

Buy ginger nuts, not much in packet crumbling going on with those tuff cookies.

Multipack crisps for room 101.
Too big to even fit in a carrier bag at the shop. But then when you finally open the bag within a bag you only find 5 crisps.

Pork scratchings.

No problem opening a packet of biscuits I just take a bread knife to the center of the packet but what annoys me is when a bit falls into my cup of tea when dunking

just buy these then you know they will be.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/House-Lancaster-Broken-Assortment-Biscuits/dp/B009ZEL22M"]House Of Lancaster Broken Assortment Biscuits 1300 g (Pack of 4): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery[/ame]

well, i am old enough to remember rationing and we used to buy loose broken bicuits in woolworths to get more for the ration coupon

so broken biscuits arent a problem

BUT while on holiday camping we forgot to take a sharp knife so i bought a new one in Tescos and it was packaged in a clear polypropylene outer casing and a similar inner case , could i get in NO ,so i took it back to tescos and asked them to open it and they said "you should have used a knife to cut it"......my reply was (Censored)

Last edited:
BUT while on holiday camping we forgot to take a sharp knife so i bought a new one in Tescos and it was packaged in a clear polypropylene outer casing and a similar inner case , could i get in NO ,so i took it back to tescos and asked them to open it and they said "you should have used a knife to cut it"......my reply was (Censored)

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2: I had that trouble getting into a new pair of scissors I bought in Wilkinson ... then dead easy ... sliced all the way round the pack with a sharp Stanley knife - felt very pleased with myself - then cut my finger on the sharp edge of the clear polypropylene packaging whilst pulling it apart .... Grrrrrrrr.. I'm sure it's all designed for health and safety reasons but there comes a point .... (sorry !)

I'm with HM on this one... the worst ones are Cheddars... if you get a complete, unbroken packet of them it is like a divine gift. Broken ones just don't break in the mouth the same way.

Similarly with peas... the polite way to eat them is stab them with a fork and eat them... but I like to scoop them up and feel them pop in my mouth... possible too much info.

No problem opening a packet of biscuits I just take a bread knife to the center of the packet but what annoys me is when a bit falls into my cup of tea when dunking

Certainly spoils the last gulp of tea :ack2:

We Have a Pam Ayres amongst us

Spike Milligan - my favourite (being involved with this material so much in a former life) is:

String, string -
It's a wonderful thing
Rope is thicker
But string is quicker!

Said Hamlet to Ophelia,
I'll draw a sketch of thee,
What kind of pencil shall I use?
2B or not 2B?

And this one is for HM

Broken Biscuits

After the first fell to crumbs in my hands
I undid the wrapping.
They’d looked so solid in their foil
when I plucked them from the shelf
but I wasn’t careful enough
when I took them home.
I tried soothing one with Earl Grey.
It fell apart, sank without trace.

They were just the last thing to crumble.
Only biscuits: production-lined
and mute. Not hearts
like yours and mine.

Tomorrow I’ll visit the corner shop,
pick more wisely next time.

And this one is for HM

Broken Biscuits

After the first fell to crumbs in my hands
I undid the wrapping.
They’d looked so solid in their foil
when I plucked them from the shelf
but I wasn’t careful enough
when I took them home.
I tried soothing one with Earl Grey.
It fell apart, sank without trace.

They were just the last thing to crumble.
Only biscuits: production-lined
and mute. Not hearts
like yours and mine.

Tomorrow I’ll visit the corner shop,
pick more wisely next time.

Da iawn, how apt :)

Latest posts

Back