Cloud of very small bees: Why?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are very noisy too. thankfully not this far south but my daughter has them in Esher.... when there are several in a tree they can be very annoying.

They are very noisy too. thankfully not this far south but my daughter has them in Esher.... when there are several in a tree they can be very annoying.
As I recall you can shoot them under the general licences. Don't know what they taste like though!

As I recall you can shoot them under the general licences. Don't know what they taste like though!
there is a recipe for parakeet pie in Mrs Beeton, but don't eat too much in one helping as it can repeat on you

From wiki
A single individual Laughing Kookaburra, has been living wild, in Suffolk, in the UK, since at least 2015, being most recently sighted in 2024.
And

Laugh Kookaburra, laugh.

Attachments

• VID_20210128_094531984 (1).mp4
    8.1 MB
From wiki
A single individual Laughing Kookaburra, has been living wild, in Suffolk, in the UK, since at least 2015, being most recently sighted in 2024.
And

Oooo, thanks, I didn’t know that! I wonder if this is the same one - Sudbury is about 18 miles away? -as I reported above, we used to hear one about ten years ago and assumed it was in captivity. I must go and knock on the door of the (somewhat reclusive) bird-breeder.

Oooo, thanks, I didn’t know that! I wonder if this is the same one - Sudbury is about 18 miles away? -as I reported above, we used to hear one about ten years ago and assumed it was in captivity. I must go and knock on the door of the (somewhat reclusive) bird-breeder.
I wondered whether it might be too.

Back