Clash

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meon Valley Beekepeers got back to me - they said they had to choose a weekend to book the hall. I guess with the movement of the end of May Bank Holiday into June and that weekend being the Jubilee celebrations that weekend was out too.

A tough choice - both auctions are good. Meon Valley being all outdoors can get affected by the weather - it's generally fine but I've been there in sideways rain before. GBKA now moved form Cheltenham riding for disabled centre at the racecourse to the Royal Agricultural University in Cirencester which is easier for me to get to but the space is more limited but it is under cover.

As a rule, Meon does tend to have more Langstroth kit for sale from experience.

I guess the forecast on the day will dictate which one I head to...

KR
S

I’ve never been to the Meon Valley one as I’m usually helping at the WSBKA one at Brinsbury and have quite a few lots in the auction.
https://www.westsussexbeekeepers.org.uk/auction.htmlIf I get a chance I’ll pop over there on the 7th to compare.
I know there are a couple of Lang hives and a Lang nuc at Binsbury cos I put them in!

A shame the Meon Valley Bee auction clashes with the GBKA auction on the 7th May….they don’t usually chose the same weekend !

KR
S

I won't save you a bacon roll then

I will be on scullery duties because I don't need to buy anything.. do I ......

Any idea what time the Meon Valley one is?

Just realised it's in Greatham... A few miles from my parents... Who have invited us over tomorrow...

Any idea what time the Meon Valley one is?

Just realised it's in Greatham... A few miles from my parents... Who have invited us over tomorrow...
Blimey Will, you must have a very understanding other half if you go to see the outlaws and she lets you pop off to buy some bee stuff! :laughing-smiley-014
You could of course pop down to the Physic Garden in Petersfield where PDBKA have an obs hive at the Polinaters Day!!! 😁

Blimey Will, you must have a very understanding other half if you go to see the outlaws and she lets you pop off to buy some bee stuff! :laughing-smiley-014
You could of course pop down to the Physic Garden in Petersfield where PDBKA have an obs hive at the Polinaters Day!!! 😁
This is after I've ducked out of the girls' swimming lesson to sell some sheep too! The concerning thing is they may pay cash, just in time for the auction...

I'll suggest it!

This is after I've ducked out of the girls' swimming lesson to sell some sheep too! The concerning thing is they may pay cash, just in time for the auction...

I'll suggest it!
Do you have a death wish???

Made it to the auction for a bit, flush with cash from selling some sheep this morning for a bit but didn't buy much (sadly only tea and cake!)- had to cook a BBQ which means I missed the electric extractor I wanted and then bids went too high on other things (people paying silly money for seconds quality stuff from various sales).

@Newbeeneil my wife came too and had her mind blown that people were buying 'bits of wood'!!! :laughing-smiley-014

Consequently I've promised to put some things into next year's auction. I'd better make some more kit to be able to fulfil this...

Got chatting to another bee farmer and a friend of mine (used to be a youth leader at my old church) who is hoping to start beekeeping was there so was really good to catch up with him.

Made it to the auction for a bit, flush with cash from selling some sheep this morning for a bit but didn't buy much (sadly only tea and cake!)- had to cook a BBQ which means I missed the electric extractor I wanted and then bids went too high on other things (people paying silly money for seconds quality stuff from various sales).

@Newbeeneil my wife came too and had her mind blown that people were buying 'bits of wood'!!! :laughing-smiley-014

Consequently I've promised to put some things into next year's auction. I'd better make some more kit to be able to fulfil this...

Got chatting to another bee farmer and a friend of mine (used to be a youth leader at my old church) who is hoping to start beekeeping was there so was really good to catch up with him.
Very small world Will,I will be seeing your friend on Wednesday 😊

Why on earth would you want to get rid of a wood pile? If mine gets too small I get worried that I might have to start spending money.

James

Why on earth would you want to get rid of a wood pile? If mine gets too small I get worried that I might have to start spending money.

James
I don't. My wife, however, is not happy about it.

Ultimatum issued tonight... Apparently I have until Monday. I have about a 0% chance of success.

Back