Children's suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmcc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
It is Arran's birthday soon, and he is growing fast. The suit he wears currently is getting a bit too tight so I am looking for a good quality suit for him, but we have to watch the pennies. I am looking for something with quite thick material, and he wears a fencing style veil so would be comfortable wearing so again. Any suggestions?

I know that m*nn l*ke are not popular on this forum but I think that they have a thicker suit.

Buzz Beekeeping Supplies do decent suits in about 6 different sizes (& kids) and a choice of veil styles.

If you scroll down on the let they have a 'choose the right size' bit.

B

Try Beehivesupplies, I know they had some small and very small beesuits at a reasonable price!

Yeghes da

Have a look at Beebasic too. I had a good quality child's suit from them and not expensive.

Whatever suit you get make sure it's baggy on him, if it's tight to the skin there is more chance of him getting stung.... probably stating the obvious !

Thinking cost and ever growing kids, you could try this ..
Lightweight fencing smock and any cheap overalls, wear the smock on top of the overalls. Two layers should offer decent protection unless they are particularly savage.
How old is he Kaz? My wife has worn my spare for a few years but she needs a belt to pick the crotch up off the top of her wellies :D She reckons the bees can't even find her.
I'm treating her to a little pastel number in her size at the WBKA convention.

I'm treating her to a little pastel number in her size at the WBKA convention.

I'm treating mine to a few hundred frames, some supers and a bootful of foundation (and maybe a new smoker as it's a leap year) :D

It is Arran's birthday soon, and he is growing fast. The suit he wears currently is getting a bit too tight so I am looking for a good quality suit for him, but we have to watch the pennies. I am looking for something with quite thick material, and he wears a fencing style veil so would be comfortable wearing so again. Any suggestions?

Don't buy a kids suit, buy him a small mans one instead because hell grow into it. I bouggt my own kids suits and 2 of them are now tight and the other is to small. Now I've to fork out more coin for new ones. If I'd have bought 3 small mans sizes, they would have grown into them in the coming years instead of buying more :( Yes they will be baggy but with a few safety pins, they won't be to doing there job.

Is this the sort of thing you have in mind?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Infant-and-Childrens-beekeeper-bee-Suit-Choice-of-3-sizes-/281190696847?var=&hash=item417845878f:m:mlJDRQogJgNg0Ny946eUp9A

You might find the average age range in the sizing charts useful if you're thinking about how long it will fit for.

My youngest (6 now) has one and it seems pretty good to me.

That looks perfect actually, thanks. He's going to be 10 the beginning of March and all he wants is a remote controlled car, so I'm thinking I can give him a little extra gift as he can't wait for the bee keeping season to begin.

Latest posts

Back