cheap bees for a beginner

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi from Bristol, we are totally new to beekeeping, have just done a course and have a standard national hive, just waiting for bee suits and other bits we have ordered to arrive then we were going to start looking for bees, which are going to be kept in our garden so I guess docile bees are what we are after, very interested in offer would this be a good way forward for us, what do people think?

I think Taff said he was on 14 x 12 which might me an issue if you have all standard frames. Not an insurmountable problem though!

All bar one of my 14 x12s was a deep box when new. A 90mm, or so, eke soon fixes that. Frames into a couple shallows will likely do at a push, and purfick with a 20mm eke!

RAB

I have a friend between Lydney/Blackney who would be very happy to have some bees.
Can you contact me for her no? pm somehow?
They have a hive ready to go and plenty of land where the bees won`t be a nuisance.

I have a friend between Lydney/Blackney who would be very happy to have some bees.
Can you contact me for her no? pm somehow?
They have a hive ready to go and plenty of land where the bees won`t be a nuisance.

thank you folks, we hopefully have someone coming to collect the smaller swarm, apologies to those that have replied today and have missed the boat. If anything changes I'll be intouch with the next person on the PM list :)

Latest posts

Back