Chalkbrood

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La Folie

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We requeened a Q- hive 3 weeks ago and she settled and laid well. Today on inspection before applying Apiguard, we noticed quite a lot of chalkbrood. The hive seems well enough ventilated and we are reluctant to requeen again at this stage of the year. Any other advice?

It Can only get worst as the weather gets colder, tell who ever supplied the queen and get a new one. The last thing you want is this going into winter, I don't think there is a known treatment for this only to re-queen

I have my tin hat on but stress, chilling etc can cause a period of chalk brood to break out, give them time to settle. Me? I would be patient and perservere. As long as the hive is on the up they may well get over it. I know others will shoot me down in flames but...... Those are my thoughts!
E

I have my tin hat on but stress, chilling etc can cause a period of chalk brood to break out, give them time to settle. Me? I would be patient and perservere. As long as the hive is on the up they may well get over it. I know others will shoot me down in flames but...... Those are my thoughts!
E

:iagree:
if they are removing the dead i would not worry,unless they are not removed and carry on increasing.

Latest posts

Back