Call ducks and telephone lines.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
This years ducklings are now flying and the rest that had there wings clipped last year have now moulted and are starting too, they go for flights around the house and do a few laps before landing in the yard, problem is that there is a few telephone lines around the house and one has already clipped one when coming into land without doing any harm to himself,

is there any way of stopping them flying into them without keeping them grounded, was going to hang cd's off the lines, any ideas if that would work??

Darren

There are bird markers that fit on dropwires, I've not seen them for ages but there used to be a particular item that twisted onto the wire, a bit like the curly fixing at the house bracket. Before that, they used to look similar to corks from a wine bottle. Corks would probably do a good job.

Any pigeon men near you Darren? You see a lot of reflective plastic markers hanging off telephone and electric lines near the lofts of local pigeon men (and women...). They should be able to tell you where to get the markers. On the other hand, it would be a good use of old CDs.

yea there is a few pigeon men about but i think the cd's might work, plastic bags might be a bit too much i doubt.
its just getting them up there is the thing, i'll figure it out someway though.

cheers.

Latest posts

Back