bulk honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protheroe

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
a few
Anyone know how much per pound honey is selling for when selling by the ton this year

Not sure what current price is. But sold a bulk load at £2.75/lb today. Not sure if I did well or it was a bargain. Buyer snapped my hand off which suggests it might have been cheap.

Not sure what current price is. But sold a bulk load at £2.75/lb today. Not sure if I did well or it was a bargain. Buyer snapped my hand off which suggests it might have been cheap.

Thats more than i thought.wanted to check before giving a price

Around £3.10 to £3.25 lb. Slightly more if in plastic buckets as opposed to 300kg barrels.

Bulk Honey price

£10.25 per kg in 30lb buckets from my main customer. for Cornish Honey. Plus he returns the buckets on next delivery. Approximately £4.65 lb.

Around £3.10 to £3.25 lb. Slightly more if in plastic buckets as opposed to 300kg barrels.

Ooooh I got done. No wonder he was so eager. Won't cry too much :hairpull:
Have you perchance any idea of packer prices for cut comb already cut out in plastic containers, for either summer or heather?

Have you perchance any idea of packer prices for cut comb already cut out in plastic containers, for either summer or heather?

Last year one packer I sold a couple thousand eight ounce heather cut combs to in those plastic margarine tub type things paid £4.10 per comb. Whole frames were £22.50 per frame, national shallow size.

Last year one packer I sold a couple thousand eight ounce heather cut combs to in those plastic margarine tub type things paid £4.10 per comb. Whole frames were £22.50 per frame, national shallow size.

Thanks....and I love the way you say a couple of thousand...makes my couple of hundred sound very small beer. :paparazzi: Which it is... ;)
Sounds like whole frames are the way to go, but puzzled as you can get a maximum of four cut combs from one frame (plus wastage) why would you get a higher price for the whole frames when they have to do all the extra work?
Or am I missing the possibility that whole frames command a premium price?

Last edited:
why would you get a higher price for the whole frames when they have to do all the extra work?

...not much work you mean, they just box them and sell them on for anything from £60 to £90 each, or put them in a nice holder for use in very expensive places. Had one company order 200 complete supers of floral combs for this year, plus another hundred supers with frames of heather honey...still raining, so the spongy heather moors are refilling again.

HM very much appreciated advice. Packer was sort of wanting full frames but wouldn't say why. But was also desperate for any sort of cut comb as well.
I need more hives!

When I was on holiday the other week at an expensive hotel they had whole frames hanging on nice stainless stands at breakfast. People were just cutting out segments. It was a talking point and photo shoot.

When I was on holiday the other week at an expensive hotel they had whole frames hanging on nice stainless stands at breakfast. People were just cutting out segments. It was a talking point and photo shoot.

I've seen that too, when you see them in shops here in Ireland, you see people taking photos of them and then Posting them online, very clever bit of advertising with the shops website address prominently displayed!

Not a lot of movement on bulk prices.... market seems depressed due to glut last year and amateur/hobbyists hive owners selling their excess cheap at the smaller "local farmers" markets

In Finland professional bulk price is £4.20 without Vat.

But we have had very good yield in last two years, and now bulk buyers not not take honey from sudden sellers, not even for free.

Young hobby beekeepers have unrealistic hopes, that they can take 18€/kg from honey, when supermarket price is 13€.

Supermarket chains do not allow to lift prices. They want that the price is realistic to customers and selling volume is good.

Simply saying, many beekeepers cannot get ridd of their yields noy even with low price.

When I look Lidl prices in Germany and in Finland, honey prices are clearly lower in Germany. You can see it from Internet..

Last edited:
...not much work you mean, they just box them and sell them on for anything from £60 to £90 each, or put them in a nice holder for use in very expensive places. Had one company order 200 complete supers of floral combs for this year, plus another hundred supers with frames of heather honey...still raining, so the spongy heather moors are refilling again.

Wow there big orders you must have alot of hives

Latest posts

Back