Brown clee hives.....anyones?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hux70

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I stumbled across approx 15 hives on Brown Clee today. They didnt look like they had been attended to in some time and some in poor condition, rotton roofs, holes in supers being used as entrances, some boxes not stacked securely and no activity at some hives. They had been checked in may/june as some had dates scribbled on them. Supers and QX still on. Just wondered if they had been abandoned or still on someones to do list.

Try curly green fingers [he shows up occasionally], he has many hives on the clee he reckons; might be his????

If they have been checked in the last 3 or 4 months they don't sound abandoned.
If they were abandoned they still belong to someone so one can't do nought with them until an owner is found.

Try curly green fingers [he shows up occasionally], he has many hives on the clee he reckons; might be his????
I hope not .. and if they are I doubt anyone on here in their right mind would admit to owning them ? Any colony numbers on them ?

They sound like the Same ones I found two years ago, I thought the owner had been traced and hives removed as they were squatting on the land by all accounts.
At least it wasn't the beasties I'm waiting to die off that were stumbled upon, they are not far from there.

There not mine folks , @Hux70 can you forward the details where you saw them it’s possible they are the same colony’s that were there last season @Hedgerow Honey told me about 20 colony’s last season on the brown clee I forwarded the details to the association

Must be the petrol fumes got to me as I'm sure it was 2020, but could be wrong.

Latest posts

Back