Brosville RIP

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oliver90owner

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
I today learned from another forum that Martin passed away on Friday 15th May.

His last activity on the forum was late last year and he also stopped acting as moderator on another forum several weeks ago, so I suspected something serious was amiss.

He was an intrepid eco-warrior and will be remembered by many of us for his outspoken comments on several sustainability topics.

RIP Martin.

RAB

WOW I am deeply shocked !!

When running a forum certain members always stand out and Bros was one of them.

His posts will remain here for many to read in the future.
I chatted with him on the phone a number of times over the years and would like to think he was one of the members who has made the beekeeping forum what it is today.

If you are looking down Martin I promise you we will continue to monitor and fight the BBKA exec,Bayer,BASF,Monsanto ect ect.....

RIP MAN :angelsad2:

A very sad day indeed.
He was very passionate about his beekeeping and will be sorely missed on the forum.

So sad, I had regular but infrequent email correspondence with Martin and he was a source of encouragement in both my beekeeping and in my desire for a more ecologically sound way of life in the future. He was, as you say, an ecowarrior - not just a paper tiger - he put into practice what he believed in and his posts both here and on that other beekeeping forum will be missed by many. He was an instrumental part of the navitron.org.uk Forum (which he started I believe) and which is a very useful source of information for those people looking at sustainable energy alternatives, I wondered why I had not seen any posts for a time and would have been sending him an email to find out what was happening, I knew his health was not good but he clearly kept the full extent of his problems very much to himself. Thanks for letting us know RAB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shocked. I had noticed his lack of posts but thought he had got the hump with all of us :(
I thoroughly enjoyed his banter on the forum. It was obvious he was a serious lover of the craft and lots of ecological issues. RIP Bros. I will miss your posts.

I enjoyed reading his posts. RIP

Shame, I crossed swords with him on a number of occasions. Not because I disagreed with his views, but his methods of disseminating them.

Thank you for sharing the grim news with the forum.
I enjoyed his outspoken and informed opinion.
Cazza

He will be missed..by everyone...new beekeepers and old alike all gained from his generous posts. RIP.

I am shocked. I had noticed his lack of posts but thought he had got the hump with all of us :(
I thoroughly enjoyed his banter on the forum. It was obvious he was a serious lover of the craft and lots of ecological issues. RIP Bros. I will miss your posts.

Hear, hear.

I'm shocked too, and saddened.

I may not have agreed with the way he passed on his ideas and opinions, but that didn't mean I had no respect for what he was trying to achieve.

who will tell his bees that he is gone?
I will tell my bees in the morning, I'm sure the word will reach his apiary in time.

Thank you for sharing the grim news with the forum.
I enjoyed his outspoken and informed opinion.
Cazza

Indeed, quite often passion is ill directed, but Brossies seemed all for the greater good.
.( that is, in his forum posts, I never met him in person.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back