Beware Old Resintite Glue

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlievictorbravo

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 - 14x12
I tried to use some Everbuild Resintite Glue powder last week but despite some exact weighing and mixing of the powder and water, the glue did not look right or feel right so I tried again - same preparation, same result. I left the last mixture to set but it didn't! I had to use a PVA-based wood glue to finish the job.

I checked the small print on the side of the tub and found Resintite only has a shelf life of 12 months UNOPENED so my two-year-old tub was well within its rights not to work!

Just a heads up for those of you who use Resintite - but not too often!

CVB

Is that the same glue as I know as cascamite? If it's the same and although it's been a long time it can go off especially if any damp has got to the powder.

Is that the same glue as I know as cascamite? If it's the same and although it's been a long time it can go off especially if any damp has got to the powder.

I've been using Cascamite since it first came out in the late 1960's ... great glue and for laminating or gap filling joints it's never been bettered. However, even in a tin with a tight fitting lid it will go off with just atmospheric moisture ... I tend to decant it into smaller clip top plastic containers so I'm only opening some at a time rather than the main container. I've still thrown more away than I've used over the years.

Resintite looks very similar to Cascamite but it's a lot cheaper. Never used it.

I've been using Cascamite since it first came out in the late 1960's ... great glue and for laminating or gap filling joints it's never been bettered. However, even in a tin with a tight fitting lid it will go off with just atmospheric moisture ... I tend to decant it into smaller clip top plastic containers so I'm only opening some at a time rather than the main container. I've still thrown more away than I've used over the years.

Resintite looks very similar to Cascamite but it's a lot cheaper. Never used it.

it is the same, just a new name.

i allways buy it in the smallest tubs going or if i do , buy a large tub i split it and use vacuum bags to reseal it up

Latest posts

Back