Best of Luck with your Module Exams today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is plainly crackers.
If you fail 5 or 7 this March it is 18 months before you can re-sit.

This is plainly crackers.
If you fail 5 or 7 this March it is 18 months before you can re-sit.

Well yes, if I've failed seven that too. I intend to speak to Margaret at Harper Adams because it is impossible if they keep changing things and focus only on the availability of early modules. Whose idea was the back to back of repeating 1368 twice in five months?!

Gerry Collins is the chairman of exam board I think.
He is giving a talk at our association so will collar him on this.

I think the scheduling of the exams was discussed on Sunday morning past. I am advised that November 2012 will see exams being held for modules 1, 2, 3 5 and 7 although like everything, that could be subject to change....

I think the scheduling of the exams was discussed on Sunday morning past. I am advised that November 2012 will see exams being held for modules 1, 2, 3 5 and 7 although like everything, that could be subject to change....

Modules 1,3,6 and 8 are to be held on 10th November 2012. This information has been available for many months so I don't know where you got the above misconception from. The dates and modules for next year 2013 will be announced in BBKA beekeeping news in May and on the BBKA website soon.

Modules 1,3,6 and 8 are to be held on 10th November 2012. This information has been available for many months
...as were the modules for 2013 in reverse order. Those not in the know have no idea of what is fact and what subject to change...and errors in BBKA news do occur.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Are they updating the book list at the same time?

Are they updating the book list at the same time?

I was told that books were regularly reviewed for the booklist, but the website list implied 2009 when I last looked! The problem is that a lot of the books are elusive (and expensive if found)...or have been "borrowed" from BKA libraries and "lost" (or never owned in the first place).

Anyhow, the truth of the matter is this:
November 2012 will be 1368
March 2013 will be 12368
Nov 2013 will be 12357

So all that's happened is that 1,2,3 will be offered each time.

I have no concept of the logic of the back-to-back except that it is to allow for resits if you do 5678 at the first offering. If it doesn't fit in with your entry into the system then, like me, you will be able to take one module a year for the last two years if 2014 is the same system.

Thanks.
I agree, some of the books are elusive. Often they have been on the list quite a while and it's difficult to know if they are worth buying.

Modules 1,3,6 and 8 are to be held on 10th November 2012. This information has been available for many months so I don't know where you got the above misconception from. The dates and modules for next year 2013 will be announced in BBKA beekeeping news in May and on the BBKA website soon.

Just catching up on the more recent posts on this thread - my 'source' confused the November 2012 and 2013 schedules apparently!

Last edited:
Thanks.
I agree, some of the books are elusive. Often they have been on the list quite a while and it's difficult to know if they are worth buying.

Which ones are you wondering about? I obtained many from abebooks.co.uk but you have to watch regularly to ensure you don't over pay.

Adam

Currently
1. Honey Bee Pests, Predators and Diseases, Morse & Flottum, 3rd Ed 1997
2. HoneyBee Pathology, Bailey & Ball, 1991 2nd Ed.

Thanks for the tip about Abe books

Well, how did you all do then?

As you are breathing susbees, presumably you passed whatever it was you took?

Meg

How did you find out susbees? A letter?....and congratulations!!! :)

I passed both the modules I took too :).

So happy. Now to decide which ones to do next.

Latest posts

Back