Bellows hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave them there. Get crowd funding and build a few more. Place buckets under nozzle, pump bellows a few times- hey presto honey on tap.

I've had that déjà vu before...

Carefully ;) - that's £500 - £600 worth of antique bellows you've got there

Carefully ;) - that's £500 - £600 worth of antique bellows you've got there

Well certainly £300 - £400 depending on condition

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACKSMIT...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The only way in to the bellows is to remove the 'upholstery nails' that hold the bellows to either the top and bottom plates of the bellows ... but you will need to be careful as you will want to replace them exactly as they were to retain the value of it.

They used to replace the leather every 50 years whether they needed it or not ... so it can be done but I think you will find professional bellows repairers a bit thin on the ground these days !

We had exactly that bellows for the open hearth forge in my school metal work shop in the 1960's ... penance for doing something daft when you were doing metalwork was to spend the rest of the lesson pumping the bellows .. flippin' hard work even though it was weight assisted ! Mr Myers (our metalwork teacher) had got the bellows from a local colliery who had had it for the better part of 100 years in their workshop and had just converted to an electric blower ... how times have changed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back