Beetradex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could probably open a really interesting beekeeping museum with stuff going back that far not worthy

Or a fun quiz - photo of each item so we can try to guess what it is!

...........Some seriously strange kit on sale though, and astonishing what some people will buy!

I suspect you mean the Thornes "15 million variations on a hive floor for loadsofmoney". I looked at that and was amazed...

At the risk of being shot down for opening my mouth again, I did ask at the Paynes stand and yes, they did look after my purchases until I returned to collect them, I believe other stands were doing the same.
Although Jenkinsbrynmair will no doubt tell you you don't need a fancy cresh for your goods when you have a perfectly good pair of hands to carry it. :rolleyes:

No, T's declined my request.

Just pulling your leg, Im sure I have wasted my money as you say but then I'm clearly not an Oracle like yourself... not worthynot worthynot worthy

When it comes to wasting money on useless kit that ends up gathering dust I'm an expert -been there, done that :D

Did anybody get a good look at Abelo's new poly national offering?

Is that the one with the clips to hold the boxes together?
Wasn't there a problem with split bee space last year?

Is that the one with the clips to hold the boxes together?
Wasn't there a problem with split bee space last year?

No clips on the National size there are clips on the langstroth boxes, they come ready painted and are of a higher density than standard polys on the market 160g/liter they looked very well made with some nice features to them. Unfortunatly they don't do them in 14x12 brood at the moment so didn't persue them any further had a look at Maisemore's new poly was put off with them having polystyrene frame runners and can see them not being robust enough so ended up buying more of Paynes polys not perfect but for the price they were selling them for I don't think they can be beaten IMHO.
Maisemores poly nuc's are an improvement on Payne's basically the same but without the internal feeder.

Thanks for that.
I'm on top space 14x12s and prefer the Swienty boxes, though I do have 2 Paynes brood boxes.

Some seriously strange kit on sale though, and astonishing what some people will buy!

I thought there was some pretty weird stuff there also. There were a lot of extremely embarrassing 'tat' items that I am sure will end up on a jumble sale in a couple of years.

Some of the stalls were blatantly trying to reel new beekeepers in with cheap and nasty gimmicks, and the prices were all over the place.

It did seem as if a couple of the stalls had bought things from other stalls and inflated the price (which people were paying!?!).

I was directed and parked what felt like about 1/2 mile or more from the hall, even though I could see there were a lot of closer places available.
I had a few non-urgent things on the list, but many of the prices were not really particularly keen, and the stuff that was, I could not be bothered dealing with the scrum and carrying them back to the car.

In the end I did not buy anything... (and proud of it!)

Latest posts

Back