Bees on neighbours bush

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bees love this bush, I have one in my garden and the bees have been looking at it for the last 10 days waiting for the flowers to open

Cotoneaster horizontalis I think.

Would that be the 'deep' variety or the 'extra-deep' variety?

Cotoneaster horizontalis I think.

Would that be the 'deep' variety or the 'extra-deep' variety?

Don't push your luck, RAB.

Between you and me - don't tell anyone else - I only answered so speedily because we have some and 'er indoors knows a lot.

As far as I'm concerned, gardening isn't gardening unless a power tool is involved.

Dusty.

It's popularity with honey bees must depend where it is planted as I have one facing north and only bumblebees ever visit en mass. Honey bees ignore it.
Cazza

It's popularity with honey bees must depend where it is planted as I have one facing north and only bumblebees ever visit en mass. Honey bees ignore it.
Cazza

the one on our south facing front wall is covered in bees, the one in the back garden has none

from the title of the thread I was expecting (hoping) to see your neighbour covered in bees

This is a deep bush about 15 years old. She called me around a said 'do you know where your bees go all day' The video does not do it justice the bush was swarming with 100s of bees

This is a deep bush about 15 years old. She called me around a said 'do you know where your bees go all day' The video does not do it justice the bush was swarming with 100s of bees
don't worry about the deep / extra deep bit on the threads, it's an old rant, dummies and toys out of the playpen big time

Once got a call from an irate guy , saying he had a swarm in his front garden and demanded I come and see to it pronto . I tried to calm him/question him to ascertain what was really happening ! He said " There are thousands of bees on a Pyrecantha , I know it's a swarm because there are no bees on any other of my pyrecantha bushes . I have children "
As I was on my way to a meeting , I called round to his place ! This bush was covered in Bees both honey, bumble , solitary and hover flies !
"I want to paint my fence and when I started they all went mad "( he was using a ponggy creosote substitute ! .
Right young man, firstly ,this is no swarm. merely bees various and other pollinating insects taking advantage of this 'Coneaster' they have singled this out from the rest of your Pyrecantha for this reason :).
I asked him for a sheet of plastic ,wrapped it round his Coneaster , pulled it away from the fence .and left him merrily painting his fence .
VM
If I've posted this tale before, please forgive it is age related :D

i have 3 or 4 Cotoneaster horizontalis and as the sun ( whenever) moves over the garden the shrubs in the sun have the bees on, the ones in the shade dont

15 years old? No, I'll pass on it, this time...

Latest posts

Back