Beekeeping + gardening job, pt, London

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can see that being more than the 14 hours a week as described,

I agree, they have 7 hives and train young people 14-19 in a Beekeeping qualification, which i think it is the NVQ level 1 introduction to beekeeping

main problem i could think of is parking as it is a CPZ....the £60 fines may out way the wages

i could get the Tube though, just 15 mins away and to us older residents of London that's Free 24/7 on our OAP Bus pass

noooooo, i dont want more Beekeeping especially at weekeends otherwise the Bee Widow in doors might leave me

can see that being more than the 14 hours a week as described,

This appears to be the size of the "farm". The open areas above are playing fields and the area to the right of the track is part of a "children's area". I'm guessing the beehives are behind the shed on the left :)

train young people 14-19 in a Beekeeping qualification, which i think it is the NVQ level 1 introduction to beekeeping

BBKA Junior or Basic certificates more likely, training materials already available and neither the centre nor the tutor need to be accredited to NVQ requirements :)

Dosn't look so good now does it?

On the contrary I'd say I't be a nice couple of days a week if you were nearby! Sounds like the references to gardening are as in-fill when the beekeeping doesn't occupy all your 14 hours, e.g. Nov - Feb. The training will be non-daunting I would guess.

Dosn't look so good now does it?

Who said it did?

I just thought that a beekeeping job might be of interest to someone on a beekeeping forum. Different people look for different things from work. If it was local to me then I would have been interested.

Haven't you got yours yet then?,

Yeah, yeah, yeah! :yeahthat: Probably nearly out of date by now. Doubt if I will bother to get it renewed. Necessary, but an absolute rip off cost-wise! (at least for renewals).

An even bigger rip off around Peterborough - they (the LEA) wanted a CRB done by every school one worked at!

Bet the big red bus comes in handy for that :)

yep, and i have a PCV licence though not renewing at 65 due to costs of retest etc

You were wrong about hives being next to the shed...I have just had an email from them, see their reply....it is the Shed

We were anticipating running weekend courses over the summer so not being available on a Saturday could be an issue. At the moment we do have an ocn in house accredited course although I was looking at the BBKA Junior certificate so I think we would work to provide the most appropriate accreditation for the training and groups of young people taking part.

We have hives which are more or less national standards which are housed in a continental bee house. We do have some staff who have completed bee keeping training and have cared for the hives but it is anticipated that this role would have main responsibility for the hives with occasional support from other staff and volunteers.

i think i know who set the original apiary up as i had to help sort out with the SBI a similar project in a Bee house for a council further just a few miles north of the freightliner fame site,

i wont be applying so the feild is yours, though commuting from Devon might be a pain

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back