Beekeeping for Children - New Book

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Tim Rowe has written a book designed to make beekeeping accessible for children, given some adult supervision.
I won't put a link in but its out there and fairly recently
Lots of info and photos of putting theory into the practice of getting groups of young people involved in beekeeping.
I know there's experience here of members who have successfully captured the imagination of new generations of future beeks, as well as young beekeepers on the forum - what worked for you?
For me the hive plans are useful as he uses TBHs, framed and unframed, not because they are especially useful for good beekeeping (IMHO) but because you (or your kids / youth group) can easily make a cheap hive that works very well and is light enough for 10 year olds to work.
This is a blatant plug because he's my brother :rolleyes: (have to admit I use Nationals rather than his Rose Hive system, but more out of convenience...) No money has exchanged hands but I would say I think this would work - has anyone else seen the book?

seems expensive when you compare it against other more established books.

Latest posts

Back