beekeeping beginners book for Christmas

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather old book. Principles of Practical Beekeeping by Robert Couston. Loads of black and white photos but good sound advice although dated. Things have changed so much in a short time in beekeeping not always for the best but it's still keeping insects in a box!

Both Pam and Claire were staunch supporters of Bees Abroad (amongst the founders actually), had the good fortune of meeting both - Claire still turns up for our occasional get togethers.
Pam wrote the manuals we still use (translated into numerous languages) at Bees Abroad - she gifted the printing rights to them to Bees Abroad and they are now free for anyone to download off our website.

I know that there is at least one book heading for my Christmas stocking, the postman handed me a northern bee book package.
Something on the subject of queens would be nice.
On another note, my two favourites are, honey by the ton & John Rawson's book.

I’ve made a beekeeper’s record book which is perfect for beginners. It has places to record everything! I made it after years of teaching beginners and finding that people forget to write things down that they’ll find helpful to look back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. My wife and I are now going into our first winter as beekeepers. The Haynes Manual is a great start. If they want to take it further then there are excellent videos on You Tube and the like. Norfolk Honey Company and Black Mountain Honey but to mention a couple
Id have to agree with all three choices here, as a newbie and spending a lot of time away recently I made the most of Youtube and BMH and NHC ended up as my 2 go to sites.

I’ve made a beekeeper’s record book which is perfect for beginners. It has places to record everything! I made it after years of teaching beginners and finding that people forget to write things down that they’ll find helpful to look back on.
I thought advertising was against the forum rules

Latest posts

Back