bee watching - obsessed!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OursonAnglaise

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Little did I know when I said just over 2 years ago to my husband that keeping bees (following a swarm arriving in our garden) would be a nice idea, that soon after I took ownership of my first hive and bees at the start of last year that I would soon be obsessed with watching them.

Last year I stood for hours at the front of the hive watching them coming and going, then later in the year swatting at asian hornets with my electric bat (got suprisingly good at that!).

This spring, as everywhere, is early, and I can now be found standing staring at the blossom on trees and bushes watching & listening to my bees enjoying the early pollen and nectar. My neighbours must think that I am completely bonkers....not only am I English (which is probably enough to have me consigned to the looney bin) but I'm staring at trees for hours on end!

What did I do before these wonderful creatures arrived in my life.....answers on a postcard....bee-smillie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back