bee shop

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc_W

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Where does everyone get their bee gear from?? I'd like to start browsing a few online retailers and im looking for a reliable one.

Thanks

Where does everyone get their bee gear from?? I'd like to start browsing a few online retailers and im looking for a reliable one.

Thanks

I think advertising is forbidden but I like american langstroth beehives in uk (google it) for hives and customer service - fair disclosure: other manufacturers are available and plenty of people on here think they're sh**. I also like a Polish manufacturer of poly Langstroth hives (use the search function). With the exchange rate with Europe the way it is, I'm sorely tempted to order some stuff direct from Europe - anyone near Cambridge/Huntingdon/St Neots want to split postage???

I think advertising is forbidden but I like american langstroth beehives in uk (google it) for hives and customer service - fair disclosure: other manufacturers are available and plenty of people on here think they're sh**. I also like a Polish manufacturer of poly Langstroth hives (use the search function). With the exchange rate with Europe the way it is, I'm sorely tempted to order some stuff direct from Europe - anyone near Cambridge/Huntingdon/St Neots want to split postage???

I know this is :ot:but I received a phone cal from Google a couple of weeks ago offering to put my (non-existent) website at the top of the search list for a fee. For an additional fee they'd even build it for me.
I don't have much confidence in google anymore:sorry:

I know this is :ot:but I received a phone cal from Google a couple of weeks ago offering to put my (non-existent) website at the top of the search list for a fee. For an additional fee they'd even build it for me.

Bedfordshire? Langstroth? Fancy anything from Poland?

Ireland uses that ch€ap currency too - I use Irish Bee Supplies which, at a 5 min drive, are actually way too close to me for the sake of financial sanity, which is also why I don't know what they charge for shipping - it may be OK for someone in the UK.

Off main topic too - but why don't you have a website. How would a non forum beek know what you sell?

Thanks

If you are just starting out, don't forget the Thorne's Big Sale In October.

I think the majority of Beeks on here, purchase from the sale in advance in Oct, and January, ready for the new season.

I also get mine from Beeequipped, and Agri-Nova Bee Technology.

I very much doubt that phone call was from someone working at Google.

Im finding thornes slow on delivery, last parcel ordered on 3 july, dispatched on 5 july, now 10th still not here, so much for 3to 5 days delivery.
I ordered jars from pattesons on wed, dispatched yesterday, arrived 8am today, now thats good service.

We get stuff from ABeeC who are a local(3 miles away) outlet for Maisemore.

It's VERY unlikely that phone call was from Google.

More likely either a spurious "legitimate" business selling "services" to improve your google ranking, or more likely just a plain old scam of one sort or another.

eg: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140807175046-64082641-is-that-actually-google-calling

Thanks

Different places? Google for 'em.

Solway Bee Supplies.
They're not very good at informing customers what's happening with their orders - they gave me three different dates when they said an order had been dispatched - eventually after receipt the tracking showed it was actually dispatched on a later date.
Don't use if you need the kit quickly.
They're also unreliable in packing the correct items (they sent me the wrong type of top bar for some of my frames)
More similar reports about them in the forum. Very low prices, average quality of kit.

Mann Lake.
Cheap cedar boxes (like seconds generally, still economic given the odd duff one).
Be VERY careful with exactly which National kit you order from them. They sell standard National items but also something called "Hybrid Nationals" which are a beekeeping abomination and are not compatible with real National kit except for the 460mmx460mm footprint.

I also like a Polish manufacturer of poly Langstroth hives (use the search function). With the exchange rate with Europe the way it is, I'm sorely tempted to order some stuff direct from Europe - anyone near Cambridge/Huntingdon/St Neots want to split postage???

I got my poly LS from Swienty in Denmark: a full hive assembly (screened bottom board, 3 x deep, inner cover, roof), QE, unassembled frames, feeder, & some ApiGuard shipped to Latvia in three boxes by UPS for €60. Less than a week between online ordering/payment & arrival.

Lyson in Poland don't seem to have an online purchase option. I'm exploring the Estonian poly (www.meveda.ee/meveda-hive -- I have prices if you're interested) and wood ThermoHive (www.kablimaa.net/?page_id=52 use Google Translate).

I like Caddon Hives, nice workmanship, good gear, good customer service.

Lyson in Poland don't seem to have an online purchase option. I'm exploring the Estonian poly (www.meveda.ee/meveda-hive -- I have prices if you're interested) and wood ThermoHive (www.kablimaa.net/?page_id=52 use Google Translate).[/QUOTE]

Lyson stuff is pro quality and can be purchased in U.K. via the "abelo" supplier.

I got my poly LS from Swienty in Denmark: a full hive assembly (screened bottom board, 3 x deep, inner cover, roof), QE, unassembled frames, feeder, & some ApiGuard shipped to Latvia in three boxes by UPS for €60. Less than a week between online ordering/payment & arrival.

Lyson in Poland don't seem to have an online purchase option. I'm exploring the Estonian poly (www.meveda.ee/meveda-hive -- I have prices if you're interested) and wood ThermoHive (www.kablimaa.net/?page_id=52 use Google Translate).

What's the Estonian prices then? Look mighty similar to some Finnish stuff. PM if don't want to post, but in case many are interested...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back