Bee Keeping "dating" service

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyPicklechin

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 odd
Forgive the click bait heading....

Has anyone ever thought about using this beginner forum, or maybe another section, so newbies can connect with local exports, mentors or "rurals" in case they need some f2f time? I'm finding lots of advice about various things but one thing that comes up often is the need for out-apiary. But others might find a local connection useful for other things also?

To be clear, I am not in way advocating that newbies must have such a thing or that members should be in any way compelled for such a concept, disrupting their privacy and anonymity. Just might be helpful...?

(Or maybe I'm just lonely...)

Have really been feeling for you, in that there seems to be no-one local to you who can come and help or at least share, with all your troubles. - No wonder if you are feeling lonely.

Good idea if the service is available and able to be offered people can choose to take advantage of the opportunity or decline. It might also if structured properly encourage greater participation at local associations and breath fresh blood into the bee world!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive the click bait heading....

Has anyone ever thought about using this beginner forum, or maybe another section, so newbies can connect with local exports, mentors or "rurals" in case they need some f2f time? I'm finding lots of advice about various things but one thing that comes up often is the need for out-apiary. But others might find a local connection useful for other things also?

To be clear, I am not in way advocating that newbies must have such a thing or that members should be in any way compelled for such a concept, disrupting their privacy and anonymity. Just might be helpful...?

(Or maybe I'm just lonely...)

There is a mentor wanted/offered section. I would have thought this is the ideal place for what you're suggesting

Have really been feeling for you, in that there seems to be no-one local to you who can come and help or at least share, with all your troubles. - No wonder if you are feeling lonely.

We have Twickenham BKA down the road...which is a good one. Some of you on here will know Warwick and Ray from there. They are great but you kinda have to go to the meetings...I'm going to join.

Latest posts

Back