BBKA Spring Convention

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I was foolish enough to miss The Beekeeping Show in February which looked great as a tradeshow - I'm 200 miles from Harper Adams, in Northumberland, and just wondering how great the BBKA Spring Convention is from others experience? I'm not interested in making flowers out of wax etc, nor beginning topics as (despite always making mistakes!), I've been keeping bees for a decade and usually keep around 100 colonies - is it worth going to? Thanks everyone

not worth it for the trade stalls IMO and I can't recall the whole lecture lists for this year but IIR it wasn't very inspiring, from experience, most are geared towards beginners and probably this year it will be mainly Velutina centric.

I'm tempted with the Saturday for the talk by Luke & Suzie Hutchinson from Northumberland Honey. Commercial Queen Rearing and Breeding.

That's it though.. its a 2 hour drive for a 90 min talk I'll decide on the day..
I live in the same town so can walk 800m and see them for free!

not worth it for the trade stalls IMO and I can't recall the whole lecture lists for this year but IIR it wasn't very inspiring, from experience, most are geared towards beginners and probably this year it will be mainly Velutina centric.
Thanks, Emyr - was really imagining it to be the case.

Even though its only ten minutes travel for us, we won't be going.
A show definitely designed for the beginner, to initiate the unitiated.
We have colonies really close to the site, I'll give a wave hello if we ever get a break in the weather enough to get on with inspections.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back