BBKA Spring convention 2018

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the current debate about plastics and what it is doing to the environment should we now consider going back to using cedar grown sustainably ?

Certainly a topic for debate, although the poly hives and nucs are produced to provide decades of service rather than a means to carry home items which are themselves wrapped in throw away plastic.

You mean "nothing" as in release of toxic styrene gas, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and carbon black.

I and many others release benzene, formaldhyde, acrolein, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and many other toxic molecules into the atmosphere on a regular basis.
"Put another log on the fire, please dear"...

If you had to give up all the plastic things you had, one by one, based on the lifetime of the product , with the shortest first, then the poly hive would probably be the next to last to go beaten only by polystyrene underneath the concrete slab that supports your house.

You mean "nothing" as in release of toxic styrene gas, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and carbon black.

I was messing about but as you mentioned air pollutants, any polystyrene i have ever burned is a speck in the ocean compared to what planes/cars and cargo ships to name a few spew out on a daily basis.

I and many others release benzene, formaldhyde, acrolein, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and many other toxic molecules into the atmosphere on a regular basis.
"Put another log on the fire, please dear"...

Perhaps you should go see a doctor if your digestive tract is giving you that much truble!

HOT NEWS....
Wally Shaw brings us up to date on the way that OA reacts when heated in this months BBKA comic!

Now what about all those tiny bags of approved product that have to be disposed of????

Yeghes da

Latest posts

Back