B&Q Pricing System.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Some time ago I noticed that if you bought 2.5 metre lengths of timber in B&Q it was cheaper than a a 2 metre bit..

Today I went to get some nut/bolts.

One 5/16 x 2" bolt...£1.30 something...

A bag of ten bolts............plus nuts.........and washers.........with discount.

£3.01p

Some time ago I noticed that if you bought 2.5 metre lengths of timber in B&Q it was cheaper than a a 2 metre bit..

A bag of ten bolts............plus nuts.........and washers.........with discount.

£3.01p

I avoid B&Q at all costs for most things... They are not cheap...but should be as market leader..

Have a look a ply, you wouldn't believe how much it costs to cut. On a separate issue we had them 'install' a new kitchen! They fitted okay but messed up the electrics to the point they were marched out of the house by the boss and told in no uncertain terms how poor they are. Luckily I know an electrician who came out for a day and sorted it out.
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

B & Q

Bodge and Quibble!.......

Now as an over 60 I get a discount on Wednesdays.
I opened a "Trade account... as discounts were on offer...

Corolux corrugated sheeting.... cheaper by the 10 ... + discount for being old

Checked out Trade counter for price... and guess what...

bulk discount did not apply and costed out at almost £35 MORE for 10 !

Yeghes da

B & Q

Bodge and Quibble!.......

Now as an over 60 I get a discount on Wednesdays.
I opened a "Trade account... as discounts were on offer...

Corolux corrugated sheeting.... cheaper by the 10 ... + discount for being old

Checked out Trade counter for price... and guess what...

bulk discount did not apply and costed out at almost £35 MORE for 10 !

Yeghes da
probably because you were trying to get trade price plus age discount...

£3.01p

I used to buy 2 yogurts from Tescos every day for breakfast. 70p each, so £1.40. One day, I noticed they had an offer of 3 for £1.00. I.e. 2 for £1.40 or 3 for £1.00. Obviously, I started to buy 3 each day, but annoying that no one pointed out the offer. The offer came to an end shortly after I spotted it.

Used to have a mate worked at a motorway services. When he said to his manager," We can't charge these prices surely?" The reply was "We charge what ever they'll pay!"
Nothing new in the world then! :D

Have a look a ply, you wouldn't believe how much it costs to cut. On a separate issue we had them 'install' a new kitchen! They fitted okay but messed up the electrics to the point they were marched out of the house by the boss and told in no uncertain terms how poor they are. Luckily I know an electrician who came out for a day and sorted it out.
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We had a complete refit of our bathroom done by B&Q. A complete disaster, shower outlet leaked into our sunroom and ruined the ceiling , badly stained the wall and ruined the laminate flooring. My wife is disabled so we had a seat fitted in the shower for her, it was fixed to the wall with inch and half screws and plastic rawplugs, the first time she used it, it pulled away from the wall. There was a stench of sewerage because they had failed to cap the old water outlets, tiles were fitted incorrectly,they started to fall of the wall within 48 hrs, a complete cockup !!!! They even refused to refit the radiator and door they had removed to do the job. Took 4 months plus to debug the problems they caused.

I never use B&Q or Homebase, both are expensive. I do use Screwfix and local builders merchants, but you have to watch prices at least with Screwfix you have a catalogue for checking.

Remember B&Q and Screwfix are brands within the Kingfisher Group.

probably because you were trying to get trade price plus age discount...

No... just a price comparison.
The OAP Wednesday price was lower than the Trade price... and the 10 or over price was less than the Trade on any other day too.

No other stockist of Corolux products in Plymouth area.

Yeghes da

I never use B&Q or Homebase, both are expensive. I do use Screwfix and local builders merchants, but you have to watch prices at least with Screwfix you have a catalogue for checking.

I use Toolstation.... part of the Travis Perkins group... as is Wickes

But quite why Wickes are cheaper on red building sand and OPC than Travis Perkings, I just can not understand... especially when my local TP deliver for Wickes.
I get free delivery ( over a certain amount) from both companies

Yeghes da

and the Kingfisher Group are about to close B&Q stores, in favour of new Screwfix stores around the UK, staff are not losing their jobs, and there will be an increase in jobs, staff will move to Screwfix.

Back