ATTENTION Leeds - EFB Outbreak

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

einsteinagogo

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
enough (but all insured!)
Not wanting to alarm, anyone, but if you are not a BKA member, or not on Beebase, or catching swarms in and around Leeds, please note.

I've just received notice from York/Leeds BKA, there is a serious outbreak of EFB in the Leeds area potentially affecting 97 apiaries.

"The Post Code areas affected are: LS5, LS13, LS15, LS18, LS19, LS28 and LS29 although obviously there may be others not yet known about.

It is going to take some time for the Bee Inspectors to get around all the apiaries that need to be inspected, although that will happen as soon as possible. In the meantime, can you all please check your hives very carefully for any signs of the disease, and if you are at all unsure, please contact Dhonn Atkinson as soon as possible.

Any beekeepers with adjacent post codes will have to be vigilant."

I received the notice this morning. My postcode isn't included in the list, but I'll be extra vigilant when I inspect this weekend, and if I have any worries at all I'll be straight on to Dhonn.

Latest posts

Back