Artpeach

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 colonies now! and some spare parts.
Im not sure if this is ok to put in here but here goes.

I'm having my first art exhibition at Stratton Strawless village hall, I do watercolours, oils, oil pastels and mixed media paintings.
It will be this coming weekend, 3rd and 4th December 11-4pm.

It would be great to meet some of you there, I will have wine! And there is no pressure to buy but to see many of you through the doors will be a great boost.

I have never shown my art in public before so it's quite exciting and frightening, there is so much to do to be prepared.

If I'm not supposed to put this sort of thread up here can somebody delete it?

Ta. Lois.

Im not sure if this is ok to put in here but here goes.

I'm having my first art exhibition at Stratton Strawless village hall, I do watercolours, oils, oil pastels and mixed media paintings.
It will be this coming weekend, 3rd and 4th December 11-4pm.

It would be great to meet some of you there, I will have wine! And there is no pressure to buy but to see many of you through the doors will be a great boost.

I have never shown my art in public before so it's quite exciting and frightening, there is so much to do to be prepared.

If I'm not supposed to put this sort of thread up here can somebody delete it?

Ta. Lois.

PLEASE... paste some more of your art here for us housebound beeks.....

tis winter now... despite bright sunshine all day mercury hardly reached 2 degrees under the old hill fort today... but those bees were still out AND I met a young lady artist who wanted to paint them... bees and hives that is... but she wanted "Proper Beehives"... invited her around to the orchard garden apiary where my colonies live in proper hives WBCs !!

Good Luck with the exhibition

some pictures are in my album called art.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yes, I've never done a commission but I would try

Lovely. Good luck with the exhibition, it's a nerve wracking thing to set one up.

I've had my exhibition and it went really well. I wasn't inundated with people but enough came to give me really positive comments. I sold enough to pay for the hire of the hall and put some towards printing more up as cards. I have learnt a lot from it, putting up more signs is one, have another one closer to the city or in a thriving town, I would have more passers by (this one was in a village hall.). I enjoyed it a lot and will do another one soon.

I've had my exhibition and it went really well. I wasn't inundated with people but enough came to give me really positive comments. I sold enough to pay for the hire of the hall and put some towards printing more up as cards. I have learnt a lot from it, putting up more signs is one, have another one closer to the city or in a thriving town, I would have more passers by (this one was in a village hall.). I enjoyed it a lot and will do another one soon.

Doesn't this thread go against the forum rules or have you found a loop hole to advetise your wares for sale.
Maybe admin is an art fan and has let this slip through, so maybe we should all give it a go and see which adds are allowed and which ones are not!!!

I would delete the thread,but the pics are nice..

If you have £3000 you could buy one...

My friend is an artist too, she travels all over the world during the summer making drawings. Then in the winter months she sits in her little house in Scotland and turns those drawings into paintings. Her work is very good and only lets them go so she can pay the rent.
I'm sure you would also like them to Admin, they would certainly brighten the forum up and they cost a lot less than £3000 pounds, what do you think, a good idea.

Last edited:
No problem,I look forward to seeing them.

She also makes pendants, broaches and other bits of jewellery from antique glass and crystal. She made some for us, they are Queen Bees, they are about 6 inches long and look like stain glass work when you hang them in the window and very cheap. Would you like to see those to, they do show honey bees.

I know this is bumping the thread, but i'm trying to drum up some interest in my new idea with free advertising.

No problem,I look forward to seeing them.

Thanks Admin, her name is Anne Gordon and as I said she lives and mostly works in Scotland.
You can google her for now and I won't post a link to her web page because i know that's not allowed on the forum.
In the mean time I will email her and see if she is ok with my new idea. Maybe any money made from it could go to the Poor Beekeepers fund that I am more than happy to set up.
She also made some great paintings of my Yacht that she Charted for two months to travel through the Caribbean making drawings, they do show the name of my boat which also happens to be the name of my charter company, but only if you look realy hard, would that also be ok?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back