Artifical swarm?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farbee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a colony which is building queen cells. They are pretty crowded 7/8 frames of brood in a standard national box. They have 2 supers on 1 is almost full the other is completely untouched and they seem reluctant to use it.

My thoughts have been to do an artifical swarm. However my mentor keeps breaking them down and thinks it is too late for an artifical swarm and they will eventually stop building swarm cells. I am concerned that we will eventually miss a cell and they will swarm.

So my question is is it too late for an artifical swarm? I cannot see why it should be. Any other advice gratefully received.

the bees want to swarm you will eventually miss a q cell and off they will go. I would do an AS this way you still have a laying queen you dont lose half your bees and you can combine them later if you want.

the bees want to swarm you will eventually miss a q cell and off they will go. I would do an AS this way you still have a laying queen you dont lose half your bees and you can combine them later if you want.

:iagree:
well put, Craig

Latest posts

Back