Are you planning to replace white queens ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a queen marked with white marker , and she lays a full brood frame with little space for honey on the frame , I will replace when she starts to falter laying at that rate , why get rid of a good queen just because she is a certain age ,

I have one hive with a white queen still.

My plan is to get them through the winter and look to replace early next season.
Whether it works or not only time will tell.

Personal I would rather requeen with good locally bred queen NOW rather than be forced to requeen with an imported queen next May.

Just my two pence worth.

Interesting comment considering your rubbish advice post.

He is giving the good advice that the other person's luck is tough. Original, is it not?

As for starting "too late" there is no such thing. We are all on a learning curve, it's just that some people are aware of it and some less so.
We may all wonder why the creature bee, after millions of years of evolving against many odds, is in the state it is now. The tendency of human beings to know better than Nature may have something to do with it.

i have a queen marked with white marker , and she lays a full brood frame with little space for honey on the frame , i will replace when she starts to falter laying at that rate , why get rid of a good queen just because she is a certain age ,

indeed. Excellent consideration.

Personal I would rather requeen with good locally bred queen NOW rather than be forced to requeen with an imported queen next May.

Just my two pence worth.

No intention of buying an imported queen ever.

I still have floating around in the mix 2 green queens, I keep breaking their big colonies down (have done each year) and they end up in a nuc as a spare which then builds up and up, and ends up being an overwintering colony again. I have tried to breed from them and whilst they have produced good queen daughters none seem to have the stamina of their mothers. I wonder if they will do another year......

C B

Latest posts

Back