Apisolis Instead of smoke

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe hydro power is used like a battery. Turbines only switched on at times of high electricity demand. When demand is low water can be pumped back up to recharge "the battery"

I believe hydro power is used like a battery. Turbines only switched on at times of high electricity demand. When demand is low water can be pumped back up to recharge "the battery"
I think many of the Scottish hydro schemes, much the same as Llyn Briane with us is just a dam release system, once the water passes through the turbines it just rejoins the river and heads for the sea, unlike the Ffestiniog (1963 - the first major UK 'pumped storage' system), the Dinorwig 'Electric Mountain' scheme (1984), and there's another 50 Megawatt pumped storage facility in the offing at the Glyn Rhonwy quarries.
I remember, on a family holiday in the late seventies going to see the tunnels and the ongoing work at Dinorwic with my father.

Back to original post. I think there is a place for all the different types of smokers mentioned. I have my kids 3y and 5y help me. The thought of a hot smoker with them and a poly box is not ideal. However the apisolis for them is perfect. It keeps them part of it and I have no concerns over the heat or smoke. It’s a hobby and we are all enjoying it together 😀. It’s expensive but for me it works for the bees and meets my needs.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpeg
    IMG_1695.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back