Apidea Spares

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueDrone

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Any one know anywhere that sell Apidea parts namely the plastic bits ?

Colin

I think "Beeequipped" in Derbyshire is the main (only?) importer of Apidea from Switzerland and distrubutes to all the other suppkiers (and a bit cheaper so comes recommended)

Are Beeequipped still trading? I've sent them an email and tried calling a few time and can't get hold of them.

Are Beeequipped still trading? I've sent them an email and tried calling a few time and can't get hold of them.

Yes they are, I've had responses from them via email a day or two after sending them one.

Buzzy Bee Shop also respond in a timely manner.

They give me the impression (things like not taking plastic) of being a very small-scale operation, and not really "tech'd up".
I doubt they even bother with holiday cover.

But they are far from the only retailer of spares.

I was looking at a bulk order of Apideas 10+ and they seemed to be the cheapest I could fine. That was the appeal of them. What company actually makes the Apideas? I would be interested in seeing if I could go to them directly.

That and not everything has prices on them, which is annoying. Card payment is expensive, costing £20 a month and more for payment over the phone.

buzzybee shop

Parts are usually in stock, prices shown, order online with plastic. Mark will email you pretty much immediately if anything is on back-order in my experience. If it's a bulk order, email for a quote. Don't wish to sound harsh but what price your time chivvying a supplier into doing business with you when an efficient outlet is just a click away...? :)

Can anyone give me an update to this. I'm short of a few queen excluders for Apideas and I have not managed to persuade our local beekeepers to buy the 3D printer that I want. Tight-fisted lot!

Paynes don't seem to list parts.
Buzzybee shop is only a holding page, so I don't know what is going on there. It was a very useful supplier.
Beeequipped only advertise a kit with frames. Don't need frames.

Am I right in assuming that small plastic bits are not available separately?

Can anyone give me an update to this. I'm short of a few queen excluders for Apideas and I have not managed to persuade our local beekeepers to buy the 3D printer that I want. Tight-fisted lot!

The kit
Art.#4 - £4.90: Pack of three frames, vent, screen and excluder.
is pretty cheap and the frames will come in handy sooner or later! Or get an extra brood box or two to put the frames in and allow you to house a colony big enough to overwinter a spare Q.
I'm pretty sure that the vent, the door 'screen' and the feeder QX are moulded together as a single shot, and come still attached to their sprue as a 'tree'.

But you could always risk an email or phone call to ask them if they could help a poor beekeeper by just supplying the one piece you can afford ... :)
Though I suspect the minimum would be the single moulding 'set' of plastic parts.
Seriously, I'm delighted that there is at least one supplier who does actually offer spare parts, rather than just telling you to buy another whole Apidea.

Paynes don't seem to list parts.
Buzzybee shop is only a holding page, so I don't know what is going on there. It was a very useful supplier.

do you have the STL CAD files to print ?

The kit is pretty cheap and the frames will come in handy sooner or later! Or get an extra brood box or two to put the frames in and allow you to house a colony big enough to overwinter a spare Q.
I'm pretty sure that the vent, the door 'screen' and the feeder QX are moulded together as a single shot, and come still attached to their sprue as a 'tree'.

But for £4.90 I would only get one excluder. I could do with 5 or more.
I overwinter mated queens in a four section box - the size of a national super - which works very well indeed. I don't need more Apidea equipment.
I'm sure you're right about the trees.

Latest posts

Back