Anyone in the market for poly nucs?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMH

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
If you are, you can get Maisies ones, brand new, with feeder and lid for.......

wait for it......

£22!!!!!!!

It isnt with Maisies and thats the price for a single unit.

Shame I dont need any nucs as that is an absolute bargain for a decent poly nuc!

Bleeding typical!!! I run commercials aaarrgghh!!!!!!

Someone's clearly just placed an order for 500 or something silly and wiped them out!

How they can sell them at such price is beyond me, with that being 18.33 ex VAT plus the entrance spinner, mesh & perspex. The unit cost for the poly alone would be that without transport.

How they can sell them at such price is beyond me, with that being 18.33 ex VAT plus the entrance spinner, mesh & perspex. The unit cost for the poly alone would be that without transport.

+ they bought it wholesale from Maisies, so would agree there’s surely no profit here. End of line or getting rid of sitting stock?

I start to worry when I see items being sold below cost price.
S

That is a tactic some retailers use just to attract you in. Then its "oh sorry they have all gone, but we do have this and that new model/line for only......."

Same happened quickly last year, they were back in stock still at sale price a few days later. Id suggest checking back if you want some.

Same happened quickly last year, they were back in stock still at sale price a few days later. Id suggest checking back if you want some.

Cynically - as an advertising gimmick its working well, how many of us have clicked just to have a look ????

That is a tactic some retailers use just to attract you in. Then its "oh sorry they have all gone, but we do have this and that new model/line for only......."

Loss leader! Great marketing tactic.

I have to say, they are decent poly nucs but nothing in comparison to the BS Honey nucs in my opinion.

I am currently phasing out the maisies and moving over to the BS Honey variants.

If for nothing else, the fondant plug saves so much hassle!

To be fair, I saw a post on here in the new year about the poly sale at Maisemore. the Poly Nuc was £26.80 in the sale. I thought that was a fair price and ordered one as it was about £8.00 cheaper which paid for the delivery of £8.00 as it was under £100.
My mantra is that if something is too good to be true, it probably is...

My mantra is that if something is too good to be true, it probably is...

Not sure I follow you here. For those in the market for a poly nuc and got this (good product) for £22, nothing wrong with that.

I personally can not fault Bee Equipment, ordered 150 pre-wired frames on 24th December and they arrived 4th Jan, not bad quality too, only two gripes I have is that they have not been glued just one staple in the top, none in the sides which I am adding while waxing them and no further stock which in annoying as need another 400 ish.
My Maisie nucs are also being phased out for overwintering as I always seem to have better colony's coming out of winter in the Park poly's, I thought three years ago might have been a one off but last year and again this are the same.

Latest posts

Back