Annoying ill advised sales!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found this post and resultant string very funny, thank you for sharing the developments and keep them coming!

I have found this post and resultant string very funny, thank you for sharing the developments and keep them coming!

Using the above and changing two words might be a good reply to the emails the company has sent to people.

I have found this email and resultant explaination very funny, thank you for sharing the developments and keep them coming!

on a similar theme to this unsuitably sold/advertised product here is a post from the italian forum:

"Yesterday I was in the Consortium close to Imperia and I saw a distinguished gentleman who bought three hives at a price of 115.00 euros each (I normally pay 40 Euro flatpacked and assemble them myself) plus all the frames etc came to 600.00 euros! While waiting I mentioned something about bees. He did not even know the difference between bees and wasps!

But I was speechless when I heard that he intended to bring the bees with him on holiday to the sea in the summer .... I just didn't know what to say!"

on a similar theme to this unsuitably sold/advertised product here is a post from the italian forum:

"Yesterday I was in the Consortium close to Imperia and I saw a distinguished gentleman who bought three hives at a price of 115.00 euros each (I normally pay 40 Euro flatpacked and assemble them myself) plus all the frames etc came to 600.00 euros! While waiting I mentioned something about bees. He did not even know the difference between bees and wasps!

But I was speechless when I heard that he intended to bring the bees with him on holiday to the sea in the summer .... I just didn't know what to say!"

:eek:

Of course you don't necessarily need to move your hives to the seaside...it can come to you.

The link is an excellent climate change advert which ran on italian TV a few years back. Note it wasn't an April Fool. It ran for months.

Summary: The spoof housing development "Sea Tomorrow" is being built in the foothills 7km from the sea BUT with the promise that in 15 years the Adriatic will encroach transforming your investment from a beautiful house in the hills into a house at the beach!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWNmbk9AVhI&feature=endscreen[/ame]

One has just appeared on ebay with even more incorrect and contradictory information: search for Garden Beehive
R2

Last edited:
I suppose it might be worth bidding up to £2 just for the wood value.;)

I'm thinking that at the right price, including shipping, they might make nice planters.
Not a bad idea for storing a few car odds and ends (oil, water, WD40 etc) near where I park my car at the bottom of the garden. I think I'd prefer one in the style of a WBC though.

Got me thinking, now....

Back to making a batch of raised beds for the coming village sale, then I'll put my designing head on.

Item Sold

Sold for about £13 incl postage - never did get a reply to my query about non-aggressive, non-swarming honey producing solitary bees! And what the heck are trays used for? Unless it was one of 'us' then the buyer is likely to be very disappointed.

Here's a link to the now-ended eBay listing so those that want can click on it (careful now!) to see the offending item. However, if links on forums upset you please just hit the back button in your browser NOW. Don't read any further. Seriously, stop and press that back button. Are the rest of you brave souls ready? Here goes... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320858483173

R2

The trays are where the bees spread the honey for easy collection.
The beek doesnt need to access the hive. Just pull the tray out, scoop some honey out onto his piece of toast and push the tray back.:rofl:

Am waiting to see if they list any more.

Sold for about £13 incl postage - never did get a reply to my query about non-aggressive, non-swarming honey producing solitary bees! And what the heck are trays used for? Unless it was one of 'us' then the buyer is likely to be very disappointed.

Here's a link to the now-ended eBay listing so those that want can click on it (careful now!) to see the offending item. However, if links on forums upset you please just hit the back button in your browser NOW. Don't read any further. Seriously, stop and press that back button. Are the rest of you brave souls ready? Here goes... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320858483173

R2

R2 I can see the funny side of your post,BUT the problem with the typed word on the internet is it can be read by many in different ways,If I was having a bad morning I could think that you are taking the p*ss.

It is not a joke in the best taste when you have posted more links on the forum than any other member to date.

Or maybe it was not a joke ? I hope I am wrong,if not we are going to have to go into PM ping-pong mode....

Admin.

R2 I can see the funny side of your post,BUT the problem with the typed word on the internet is it can be read by many in different ways,If I was having a bad morning I could think that you are taking the p*ss.

It is not a joke in the best taste when you have posted more links on the forum than any other member to date.

Or maybe it was not a joke ? I hope I am wrong,if not we are going to have to go into PM ping-pong mode....

Admin.
I think you'll find that my links are to interesting things such as this ebay item and not just 'buy my product' links which none of us want. I am not getting this aversion to links of any kind that some on here obviously have (hence my attempt at humour) - it is what the world wide WEB is all about after all.

R2

Anyone seen this?

What a bargain!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen this?

What a bargain!
$(KGrHqUOKi0E3G+DF3EfBN8Ty)W)qw~~0_35.JPG

Just sold on e-Bay: http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=221064118252 - I cannot believe so many bidders got involved.

$(KGrHqJHJFcE9130GhoDBPhqVQ3H5!~~60_35.JPG

Here's the description:
Item No. D32280/E
Product Details
  • Size: W:45.5cm x D: 32.5cm x H: 37.5cm
  • Durable Timber
  • Colour: White
  • Weatherproof
Product Details

Westwoods Wooden Bee Hive
Size: W:45.5cm x D: 32.5cm x H: 37.5cm
Nothing quite beats the pleasure of eating home produce. You can now enjoy the benefits of eating your own honey with this starter wooden bee hive.
Our beehive is designed specifically to attract non-swarming bees which are non aggressive and vital to plant pollination. The bees are naturally attracted to holes in wood which are becoming rare in our tidy gardens. This beehive arrives with you by courier, boxed and ready assembled. The special design is constructed with a durable timber roof and base. The wooden trays are suspended on wooden runners and the removeable roof allows easy access for inspection and cleaning.
  • Durable Timber
  • Ready Made
  • Weatherproof
  • W:45.5cm x D: 32.5cm x H: 37.5cm

• Manufactured by: Westwoods
  • Merchant SKU: D32280/E
  • Size: W:45.5cm x D: 32.5cm x H: 37.5cm
  • Durable Timber
  • Weatherproof

No answer to my question to the seller asking for clarification of the types of bees it takes and what the trays are used for...

R2

And this is what the inside looks like:
$(KGrHqZ,!owE-u3McYCzBP)gLJwlkQ~~60_3.JPG

So those are frames. It's a nuc!

R2

Latest posts

Back