An American Can....apparently

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremyfro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Beehaus
Number of Hives
Possibly...5 and a bit...depends on the bees.
Here is a flow frame which has been used to raise brood...several times!!!
I know a small slim queen can sometimes get through a QE but my guess is that they used the Flow super as a brood box. Pity they didn't use their brain box!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 55
I don't know the story behind it...but at least you can take them apart and peel off the brood cells. The frame comes apart vertically...so half a cell at a time. Then the bees would clean it up...once reassembled.

Here is a flow frame which has been used to raise brood...several times!!!
I know a small slim queen can sometimes get through a QE but my guess is that they used the Flow super as a brood box. Pity they didn't use their brain box!

Yes I noticed that it had several cycles through it. Oh well let's hope the drones have good genes

I can only think that if it was above the brood box and left on, without a QE, during the winter...that the bees moved up with the queenie before the beekeeper caught up.
TBH...my main thought is that they got the hive and just added the bees to the Flow super...and that is why there is evidence that there were several brood rounds.

Back