air bubbles in honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islayhawk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Received jars of honey from a friend as my bees did not have surplus. However I find that the honey is still full of microscopjc air bubbles. I have tried sitting some of the jars in a warm environment and some in a cooler environment but still the honey has the bubbles. They have been jarred for two weeks.

Received jars of honey from a friend as my bees did not have surplus. However I find that the honey is still full of microscopjc air bubbles. I have tried sitting some of the jars in a warm environment and some in a cooler environment but still the honey has the bubbles. They have been jarred for two weeks.

Could they be fermenting?

This happens if the honey wasn't completely "ripe" when it was harvested.

Maybe it's ling heather honey in which case the bubbles won't clear. A premium product.- I expect you have lots of heather on Islay. The heather here in Suffolk failed because of drought. I went to all the trouble of taking two hives to the heather in late July and brought them home last week: result=3 jars!

Last edited:
Back