advice...put a super to clean up and apiguard

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
and now they're re filling the super...should i remove the super whilst apiguard is in there...i read somewhere that it was ok to leave it in for them to clean as the smell of apiguard would go by next year...but now they're filling the frames again

Did you put the super above the crown board for cleaning after extracting? I always do and find the bees clean up the wet supers and take it for stores. If you put the super below the crown board then the bees consider it as part of the hive and of course continue to store expecting to have access to honey during the winter. I know this is one of those contentious do you - don’t you issues but I find it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bees re filling supers I put for them to take down to the brood box through a crown board with a reduced hole. There’s nectar coming in. It’s what they do. What’s the situation in the brood box? Do they have stores or even room for them down there?

Latest posts

Back