advice please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shabro

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
two weeks or so ago I performed an AS on one of my colonies, all seemed ok last week , not a problem QC sealed in new colony and queen ok on new foundation.
This week I inspected and the queen has swarmed leaving queen cells all over the newly drawn comb and far fewer bees, I was a bit disappointed but not a problem as I don't really want the increase.

Soooo in your opinion is it now ok to knock off the queen cells on the new combs and reunite back to the new colony with now a hopefully emerged queen?

Like RAB I think you are better off with two colonies, always! Gives eggs, more chance of winter survival etc etc. so make up a nuc with one good queen cell and some of the drawn frames and let them get on with it. By autumn they should be a good strong colony.
E

Like RAB I think you are better off with two colonies, always! Gives eggs, more chance of winter survival etc etc. so make up a nuc with one good queen cell and some of the drawn frames and let them get on with it. By autumn they should be a good strong colony.
E
I have 8 other colonies (started with 5 this year) so I think there's still plenty to be going at but I want to limit myself now, and just wondered if it would be safe.

Back