A beekeeping equipment supplier who has finally stepped out of the dark ages

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next stop, roofs with insulation already attached. Actually, we call them polys don't we

Thorne... And you wonder why us beginners get confused.

But we're not in the beginner's section!

So we can have fun;

Talk about match-sticks,
Where to put holes,
e.t.c.
:winner1st:

I'm with MP on this design. Ants would have a heyday here.

finman: Confused is better than debating with old farts.
Sounds like finman is saying there are a bunch of gas bags hanging around this bee forum.

I'm with MP on this design. Ants would have a heyday here.

But we're not THERE we're HERE. Ants are no big deal - they just sit above the crown board, enjoy the heat and mind their own business.......
Unless some idiot leaves an open hole in the crownboard.

It will never catch on, Emyr. No ventilation, you see. Unless the hole is under the label, of course.

It's OK ... we've been here before - My patent, DIY, Holes are still for sale - available via the internet with free shipping and a pittance at £5.00/hole. These holes come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are guaranteed for life or until the bees propolise them shut, whichever comes sooner. Full instructions provided for installation.

Cheques, cash and paypal accepted, discounts for multiple holes are available. Do not be seduced by cheap foreign imported holes - all my holes are made in Britain.

It's OK ... we've been here before - My patent, DIY, Holes are still for sale - available via the internet with free shipping and a pittance at £5.00/hole. These holes come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are guaranteed for life or until the bees propolise them shut, whichever comes sooner. Full instructions provided for installation.

Cheques, cash and paypal accepted, discounts for multiple holes are available. Do not be seduced by cheap foreign imported holes - all my holes are made in Britain.
Do you do hexagonal holes? I think my bees prefer those.

Yep. Those are the one Philip :)

Errrm, at the risk of provoking another hail of derision, what exactly is the problem of crown boards with holes???

I find the hole very useful when feeding, and I remove it when not feeding. That way I only need one board. (Unfortunately, I don't have space to store ashforths/millers, so am reduced to storage-stackable contacts...)

Sorry to undercut you pargyle, but I get my crown board holes FOC :redface:

I have extra cheet with rapid feeder. They are thin and harmless to store. T

Ordinary crown board is 9 mm wood and it penetrates moisture. I never use ply as crown board.

Most of beekeepers love it even if it does not have practical usage..

Errrm, at the risk of provoking another hail of derision, what exactly is the problem of crown boards with holes???

Nothing - as long as it's covered when no feeding. Unfortunately there's a swathe of ill informed people out there who think just because it's there it must always stay open

Latest posts

Back