2000th Post - Do I get a Badge?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
0 - Now in beeless retirement!
I have just posted a few rather grumpy replies to current threads (probably because I am trying to make today an alchohol free day - as recommended in the news) so I really ought to try something a bit more cheerful for my 2000th.

And before anyone suggests it once I work out how to do it I will make a donation to the Forum. I have an old WBC which I may sell off!

Any suggestions?

I have just posted a few rather grumpy replies to current threads (probably because I am trying to make today an alchohol free day - as recommended in the news) so I really ought to try something a bit more cheerful for my 2000th.

And before anyone suggests it once I work out how to do it I will make a donation to the Forum. I have an old WBC which I may sell off!

Any suggestions?
I have over 3,000 posts :(
No Badge Just a sex change :rofl::rofl::rofl:
VM

(probably because I am trying to make today an alchohol free day

Best advice on this is from the Daily Mash:

Roy Hobbs, from Darlington, said: "I don't drink on Mondays. Monday is Skunk Day.

"So I suppose I could just make Tuesday Skunk Day as well. Splendid. Now my Member of Parliament will think I'm great.

I can't see the point. I bet it's healthier to drink one glass of wine (or a pint of beer) every single evening than it is to drink seven glasses of wine (or seven pints of beer) all on a Friday night.

The "talking heads" trot out so much unsubstantiated drivel when the subject of drinking guidance is in the news. Many of them don't seem to be able to tell the difference between "excessive drinking is bad for you" and "drinking is bad for you", or "drinking alcohol may cause illness" and "drinking alcohol will cause illness". Of course regularly drinking to excess is bad for you. So are lots of things that are supposed to be healthy if you regularly do them to excess. Big deal. I really don't know why it is, but the British just seem to have an in-built puritannical streak that won't die. It's enough to drive a man to drink, it really is.

Personally I shall continue to have two (or even three!) glasses of wine of an evening if I feel like it regardless of what I've drunk in the previous seven days. I shall also not sully my toast and sandwiches with that disgusting hydrogenated vegetable oil stuff; my roast potatoes will always be cooked in decent animal fat and when we eat roast pork I shall have crackling.

Damn them all. I'm not scared of dying. It's not living that bothers me.

James

I shall also not sully my toast and sandwiches with that disgusting hydrogenated vegetable oil stuff; my roast potatoes will always be cooked in decent animal fat and when we eat roast pork I shall have crackling.

Damn them all. I'm not scared of dying. It's not living that bothers me.

James

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Both my partner and I - independently - misread yesterday's 'advice' from the government as 'two free-drink days a week', a suggestion that we heartily endorse. We've been good all our lives at standing our rounds, now perhaps it's our turn to stand aside a couple of days a week and let the youngsters pay their way?
:party:

Both my partner and I - independently - misread yesterday's 'advice' from the government as 'two free-drink days a week', a suggestion that we heartily endorse. We've been good all our lives at standing our rounds, now perhaps it's our turn to stand aside a couple of days a week and let the youngsters pay their way?
:party:

Excellent suggestion, and I think all responsible publicans should take up this edict

Any suggestions?

Congratulations RoofTops on becoming a Queen, however if you donate, no-one ever again will know what you are. Quiet word with Admin to arrange for status display below Subscription acknowledgement?
;)

I take it the "subscription" aspect of the donation is a newish thing?
certainly don't remember seeing it when i donated in autumn 2010 and obviously didn't refresh recently.
Quite enjoying seeing HM below my name though.

Back