A supplier of quality wooden hives.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liz30hob

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I had the opportunity to visit Paul, (Yorkshire Beehives), at his workshop, and what a pleasure it was. He is a very interesting person to talk with, and produces a top quality product. So, if anyone is looking for a wooden hive, any type, or any accessory, he comes highly recommended. There have been other people on this forum recommend their satisfaction with the product and service offered.

Have a look - Google 'Yorkshire Beehives'.

Paul, I really enjoyed the time I spent with you, hope you caught up with the work!!!, and look forward to meeting up with you again.

Regards,

Roy

If you live in the South of the country send a PM to hivemaker, I have some of his hives, you will not find better, so well made they should live in the house and be a piece of furniture, but I give credit to ALL involved in the operation at HM towers. You could arrive with nothing and leave with a hive c/w bees and all the help you could ever want on the end of the phone.
kev

bb you forgot the important cuppa tea and the help of his 3 (or was it 4) strapping lads who carry it all out to the motor (or was it just that they were trying to get me out of the door!!!)

can second HM stuff, I have 4 at the moment surviving colonies and I am sure it is nothing to do with me so it must be that they like their homes!

Hats off to anyone though who like HM doesnt just chuck a flat pack together and flog it on ebay. But instead they build the real deal.

in all they years i have been hearing about hiver maker i have yet to hear a bad comment so his year must be good

Hive Maker " Humbug"
Seriously , Have traveled down from Lancashire 2 years in a row , the hives speak for themselves .
It's Petes' hospitality , wealth of knowledge plus a willingness to share that knowledge that attracts me! .
A good joiner can create quality hives but a good joiner/beekeeper can create so very much more :).

John W.

I think we had better be carefull, this thread will make HM's head swell and he will not be able to get on the page LOL. John, are you sure its not his good looks!!!!!LOL
kev

Hive Maker " Humbug"
Seriously , Have traveled down from Lancashire 2 years in a row , the hives speak for themselves .
It's Petes' hospitality , wealth of knowledge plus a willingness to share that knowledge that attracts me! .
A good joiner can create quality hives but a good joiner/beekeeper can create so very much more :).

John W.
:iagree:
you are not just getting a hive, you are getting a great hive and a whole wealth of help and knowledge. keep up the good work pete!

I think we had better be carefull, this thread will make HM's head swell and he will not be able to get on the page LOL. John, are you sure its not his good looks!!!!!LOL
kev

Damn !! My secret is out !!
Still more room for the dresses in the closet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Double Damn!, I'm old and have just been dubbed a Queen .:smilielol5:

John W.

Cedar Hives

:
you are not just getting a hive, you are getting a great hive and a whole wealth of help and knowledge. keep up the good work pete!
Yes please, especially as I've just ordered another from him! His hives seem to draw universal admiration from all who see them, and, yes, he's a gentleman who actually seems to enjoy giving support and good advice to his customers, which is very welcome especially to a newbee like me. Long may his enthusiasm infect the rest of us!

If I was crossing an ocean using an admiralty chart, which is the shortest route, direct from a to b, using way points, or the large curve of the rhumb line.

Brian

Should that query not be addressed to the howtocrossthe pond.co.uk forum?

My bees are not that keen of crossing large bodies of water.

PH

If I was crossing an ocean using an admiralty chart, which is the shortest route, direct from a to b, using way points, or the large curve of the rhumb line.

Brian

The curve of a great circle (or as you say, Rhumb line)

Last edited:
I know it was a bit off topic, but it was what I do, ocean racing, plus farming, plus beekeeping and raising children.
Children are the hardest, but I go off topic again... :)

Brian

The shortest route in terms of distance is the "great circle" route which, for example if you were crossing the North Atlantic starts heading north(ish) before curving round to the south as you arrive at your destination. This is the route aircraft take as they cross Greenland on their way to and from the US and is the route the Titanic was taking when it hit an iceberg.

The shortest route in terms of time, is a different matter, and depending on your craft, needs to take into account ocean currents, wind and weather. But again crossing the North Atlantic (by sail) you would probably go south passed the Azores to take advantage of prevailing winds and currents.

Last edited:
I am being thick here but what have the last few posts got to do with quality hives and good advice?
kev

I am being thick here but what have the last few posts got to do with quality hives and good advice?
kev

Worry not it is indeed the silly season:smash:
Some peeps nay understand netiquette !
Probably never will :bigear:

John W.

Latest posts

Back