poly nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Err, it says available in March 2011! So doubt many around as yet!

Price is goodish - what about shipping, though?

I would be asking the actual minimum density - strength is fairly irrelevant for the correct density, given a reasonable section, but adequate density is required to prevent chewing by the bees.

Must be OK to use or they would be 'unfit for purpose'!

How much feed? Suggest you ask Paynes. They should know.

Regards, RAB

When a nuc gets to a good strength like any colony they look to expand.

A frame feeder, a removable one is a prime target for this expansion. though of course it can be removed and a comb or foundation given.

A non removable one is another matter and I can for see queen finding issues here.

PH

By the looks of it there is a little slot to fit a section of queen excluder, which would prevent the queen from entering the feed compartment,bit like some mini nuc's.

Ho hum, and if it fails?

Still get brace comb built in it, wasting the colonies resources.

Not a great idea all in all.

PH

what we**d Fa** dont tell u they dont have any there not even made yet
but they let you order and dont tell you they have no stock nerver had any to start and there not even made and wont be made until the end of feb 2011
until after you have paid and chased them weeks later for a delivery date

what we**d Fa** dont tell u they dont have any there not even made yet
but they let you order and dont tell you they have no stock nerver had any to start and there not even made and wont be made until the end of feb 2011
until after you have paid and chased them weeks later for a delivery date

The above statment is not correct!

It was clearly stated on the site that they where not yet made and would be due early feb 2011.:beatdeadhorse5:

Look at this thread, and in case you miss it read post 65 & 67 or look at the image

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7888

nuc.jpg

Last edited:
"Launch" to me sounds like they have them in stock and ready to purchase off the shelves. The picture says nothing about a delay in manufacture or delivery... I think they should at least be honest with any potential customers especially if they are taking money and not stating clearly when they intend to deliver the goods.

Poor customer service imho

They could learn a lot from some of the suppliers who use this forum. I've dealt with several and every one of them has gone out of their way to provide me with top quality service every time.

Last edited:
Reading the text I am bemused.

They say their poly Langs kick off three weeks earlier than the wooden hives.

My experience is the direct opposite.

Odd.

PH

Back