for the doubting thomas's

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexter's shed

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
having read quite a few post's from members who thought that the flow hive campaign was a big con, and that pledging money would see no returns, I had a nice surprise today, a package arrived that I had not ordered, 3 x free of charge flow frames, as a way of thanks for helping moderate the flow forum, retail price of these is £170 plus postage, so a nice little treat

Do all mods get the prize........... or was it because you bought fake Chinese ones then created a fuss with eBay ?

PS....Essex I see.....Have you time to get them on this season?

Last edited:
Do all mods get the prize........... or was it because you bought fake Chinese ones then created a fuss with eBay ?

PS....Essex I see.....Have you time to get them on this season?

Will be interesting to see how the things cope with ivy honey???

Yeghes da

..Have you time to get them on this season?

I had thought about it, but I'm going to wait, I still need to buy a langstroth box for these and cut the access doors, plus adapt it to fit on a national, I also have a langstroth box and seven flow frames arriving between now and december for the langstroth I set up earlier in the year, the copied flow frames have already been made shorter to fit in a national brood box which I'll use as a super, even though the copies really are crap compared to the real thing, I'll give them a test and then review, and I have one more hive in the garden that'll get ross rounds used with it, hopefully next year will be better than this year has been, so far have not had any honey from the four garden hives, my woodland hives have given me around 60lb honey and that's from two 2yr old hives and six swarms collected this year

When hive has brought 100 kg honey, how could I get it out via Flow Frames.
That amount is 4 langstroth boxes. Honey is stiff and difficult to get out with extractor. IT is my reality just now.

having read quite a few post's from members who thought that the flow hive campaign was a big con, and that pledging money would see no returns, I had a nice surprise today, a package arrived that I had not ordered, 3 x free of charge flow frames, as a way of thanks for helping moderate the flow forum, retail price of these is £170 plus postage, so a nice little treat

Nice cardboard box - what's inside?

Looks like one of the Chinese plastic Millar feeders I am about to send back!

Cheap plastic broken in post... incorrect size for BS 18 inch National box... who said Buyer Beware!!

Possibly same copier?

Yeghes da

Likewise, would have liked to see inside the box!

No - we don't put plastic in landfill here anymore - it hets seperated and we pay the Chinese to take it off our hands to 'recycle' they then take it to China and.....err.....put it in landfill!!

it's amazing what you can catch if you dangle a carrot,

I put together a side by side comparison video of the flow V's copy, but only showed it on the flow forums as seemed a silly idea to show it on forums where most only want to make fun of it, that's why you only get to see the box

to the few that were interested, send me an e mail and I might just put you on the private viewing list,

it's amazing what you can catch if you dangle a carrot,

I put together a side by side comparison video of the flow V's copy, but only showed it on the flow forums as seemed a silly idea to show it on forums where most only want to make fun of it, that's why you only get to see the box

to the few that were interested, send me an e mail and I might just put you on the private viewing list,

If you think that your reply is going to discourage skeptics, I think you should be open and transparent. Being closed is a way to positively encourage doubters - you appear to have something to hide.

If you think that your reply is going to discourage skeptics, I think you should be open and transparent. Being closed is a way to positively encourage doubters - you appear to have something to hide.

not in the least, I have no need to worry about the skeptics, but it's the post's like the one below, that shows how this forum is run, he takes great delight in putting down anything that is not his cup of tea, so my attitude now is why bother giving them more fuel, enjoy your beekeeping everyone

send the stooge his own flo frame then get another batch of orders from the waiting hopefuls?

not in the least, I have no need to worry about the skeptics, but it's the post's like the one below, that shows how this forum is run, he takes great delight in putting down anything that is not his cup of tea, so my attitude now is why bother giving them more fuel, enjoy your beekeeping everyone

You get crank's in all walk's of life we just have to filter them out on these forum's and ignore them.. being bullied as a child often has this effect on people and the best help they can get is blank them so they go play elsewhere..

Latest posts

Back