wax glands ( photos)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I skip over a lot of the threads here, Keith, I always click when I see you are posting pictures. Fabulous images, thanks.

Superb.
The wax is almost transparent - I thought it would be yellower

we all think bees are great at sorting the honey side of things then you remind us of the other great thing they do wax its so amazing
very good photosnot worthy

Absolutely superb photography. Would you mind me passing this link to a friend or publishing in our local beekeeping newsletter? These are just simply wonderful.
Thank you for sharing them.

amazing pics, I love these macro pics, thanks for sharing not worthy

I wonder if you know how rare and amazing those images are. The nearest best I've seen are the photos taken by Jurgen Tautz and his team who worked on "the Buzz about Bees". It is exceptionally rare and difficult to get these photos. Congratulations; I'm in awe. They are exquisite.

This is the first time I have seen pics of bees making wax well done on capturing them and thanks for posting them not worthy

Absolutely superb photography. Would you mind me passing this link to a friend or publishing in our local beekeeping newsletter? These are just simply wonderful.
Thank you for sharing them.
I have absolutaly no problem in any of my photographs been used in promoting the art of beekeeping. If any one wants them in full pixels for power point presentations, just pm me your email address.

I wonder if you know how rare and amazing those images are. The nearest best I've seen are the photos taken by Jurgen Tautz and his team who worked on "the Buzz about Bees". It is exceptionally rare and difficult to get these photos. Congratulations; I'm in awe. They are exquisite.
I had goggled for wax glands on bees several times and could find nothing of any clarity, so it was on the list of photos that i needed.I alway carry a small digital camera in the pocket of my bees suit, so that i have it handy, when i see something interesting. The next on my list is a queen emerging from her cell.

Back