Zombie bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i opend my hive yesterday that died a few weeks back. I was shocked to see at least 10 small and i mean tiny, flys in the hive. The hive was blocked off for the last 4 weeks so no bees could get in to rob the stores that were left in there. I was more shocked to see flys still alive at this time of year.

Winker,
Would it be possible to send me some of the dead bees so i can examine them? You say you saw some flies in the hive, yes there is a small fly that lives in the hives but does not do any damage to the colony. Warmth would keep alive any living insect within the confines of the hive.
MY address is Mr.M. Vaughan, Lauriston Copse, Warboys, CAMBS PE28 2US just a small sample would do so i can dissect them to see what they died of.
Best wishes.
Question; how did you know the colony had died out its a bit early for looking into hives?

Mo

Mozzies (sp) were flying yesterday, well they were before they got sprayed.

My crazy bees are out and about again today!

Winker,
Would it be possible to send me some of the dead bees so i can examine them? You say you saw some flies in the hive, yes there is a small fly that lives in the hives but does not do any damage to the colony. Warmth would keep alive any living insect within the confines of the hive.
MY address is Mr.M. Vaughan, Lauriston Copse, Warboys, CAMBS PE28 2US just a small sample would do so i can dissect them to see what they died of.
Best wishes.
Question; how did you know the colony had died out its a bit early for looking into hives?

Mo

PM sent

Latest posts

Back