Latex gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
any recommendations for latex gloves.... i have a blue pair that gave a slight texture to the hand and the wrist part is quit long and tight so bees dont crawl up the wrist.
looking to buy some more but not sure where these where from.
prefer the thinner gloves to standard marigold types.
:):):)

Try a security supplies firm. I buy medical grade gloves, and they are about £2.50 a box - far cheaper than other suppliers.

hello beeboybee,
they sound like the ones i use .i found great deals on the e-bay 3 pairs £7 !!,two pairs last me all year ,far better than marigolds

I have just started Bee Keeping and used Latex Glove but I have found that Asda smart price Marigold type gloves are very good and at 53p for 2 pairs a bargin. Being cheap they are a lot thiner than normal Marigolds.

thing i hate about marigolds is the big flappy cuffs, elastic band trick is a hassle.
most latex gloves so far only go upto the wrist i am looking for something a little longer and tight so no crawling bees

I have switched back. A long session on a hot day and any plastic glove becomes a mini swimming pool. I am now using a very fine kid glove, but with disposable nitrile thin blue 'first aid' gloves over the top. Best of both, no soiling / disease transfer but much better comfort level. There is the possibility of bees going down between the nitrile and the kid glove, but contact between gloves is good and so hasn't happened yet. Only changed back this year but liking it so far. R

Last edited:
I wear latex gloves, but the sleeves of my bee suit tend to rub on the cuffs so that it ruffles up exposing skin. This seems to stimulate the bees to sting and I get stung on the wrists very often. It happens with marigolds as well, but not so much because of the longer cuff. I'd like cheap,disposable thin latex gauntlets, but I can't seem to find any.

I have switched back. A long session on a hot day and any plastic glove becomes a mini swimming pool. I am now using a very fine kid glove, but with disposable nitrile thin blue 'first aid' gloves over the top. Best of both, no soiling / disease transfer but much better comfort level. There is the possibility of bees going down between the nitrile and the kid glove, but contact between gloves is good and so hasn't happened yet. Only changed back this year but liking it so far. R

Exactly what I do - sticky propolis covered gloves a thing of the past.

Long cuff nitrile gloves - try Pa*nes.
About £8 for 50 pairs, really good quality.

Sorry slightly off topic but being new I have noticed people don't write full names of companies is there a reason for this?

I always use white powdered latex gloves. 100 pairs for £5.99 from a beauty therapy company called capital. They are brilliant and I would never use anything else now.

same as Rosti, Kid leather gloves with blue powdered latex gloves over the top to prevent disease transference and to keep my white leather gloves clean!

I get my gloves from work but wil check the manufacturer when I have chance.

Latest posts

Back