This might sound silly but

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Cannabis doesn't help with some types of cancer can someone please explain why a family member was told to try it by hospital staff. They were told that it can shrink tumours not cure them. Due to peer pressure they didn't bother and sadly lost the fight a few days ago.
They wouldn't prescribe it due to red tape, but medical grade cannabis can be prescribed at a pain clinic i believe if you are persistent.

Tommy Chong has done a lot to try and push the use of cannabis oil as he found using it helped to shrink the prostate cancer tumour he had.

A friend was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago had surgery and chemo. It came back after a short while.
Due to pain and other factors they started to use cannabis daily.
The tumour remained small and was removed and has not returned. They are now all clear of cancer but still using cannabis, only treatment now is for a damaged bladder that happened during surgery.
They believe that it has helped a lot.

My 90 year old dad says he doesn't need cannabis or alcohol any more, he reckons if he stands up quickly he gets the same effect!
E

Put some in a smoker! It might calm them grumpy bee's down :)

Last edited:
Well, all kidding aside...

Here, some of the States have legalized weed while others have medical marijuana approved for some. While the individual States are changing their laws, the Feds aren't. One example...

Colorado has legalized. You can go to the local store and buy what you want. Growers are coming up with Cannabis medical strains that work wonders for some.

One strain has no activity that gets the smoker stoned, but is amazing in its medicinal properties. Some children have seizures amounting to hundreds a week. These kids have a tough time surviving. The growers provide the child a strain that all but eliminates those seizures and the child can get on with their lives. While Colorado has approved the use, the Feds still outlaw it. The families of these children must move to Colorado as interstate transport of the plant or seeds in illegal.

How stupid is that?

Where is the most cost effective place to put drug barons lobbying dollars to keep the status quo?

It has been used for thousands of years, the ancient Scythians were particularly fond of it yet somehow in the 20th and 21st Centuries it suddenly starts causing untold damage.
Believe the propaganda if you want, I certainly don't.

All I can say is would you want your kids to become addicts ? so if the answer is no then no more should be said

All I can say is would you want your kids to become addicts ? so if the answer is no then no more should be said

Addicts to weed. If we had more addicts of 'legal' weed, the world would be a better place. Its time some stopped buying into the stereotypical cannabis smoker as being something negative to society. You've some serious learning to do about the real world rather than buying into the daily mail crap that gets rammed down our throats.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, cannabis isn't illegal because it gets one in a relaxed state!! Do your own research and you'll understand this!!

Cannabis is safer than the other legal drug one can buy nearly everywhere around the world and its been a drain in society more than weed addicts ever will do. That devils juice has caused more harm to this world than any other drug, even heroin!

Just thought I'd rain on your parade and point out that honey is made from nectar, not pollen.
Unfiltered honey will have some pollen mixed in with it. Perhaps this is what you meant.

Does cannabis produce nectar?

I told them I'd be far more concerned if they developed a drink problem, to be honest. The most evil of them all, yet our 'culture' finds it so acceptable and I wouldn't put Cannabis and addict in the same sentence, unless we are prepared to call all drinkers alcoholics.

I'm moving to Colarado.

If I remember correctly, its just not colardo where its legal in the states. There's something like 15 states where you can buy medicinal cannabis. I dont usually credit the Americans because that's one fecked up country but credit where credits due because without these changes, many man women and child would be dead to that awful disease!

There's even some south American countries following suit and in Portugal,(and Span if I remember correctly) they have decriminalized it and are actually treating adducts as a medical patient instead of a criminal and low and behold, there's less people in jail and the crime rate has dropped! Fancy that!

One day (old) folks you'll see these changes yourselves and see it getting introduced into the medial industry. I just hope its sooner rather than later. I may add, I don't eben smoke the stuff but would like to see it made legal and if it is made legal in my country, you'll prob see a picture of a mad Irish man sitting with an acre or 2 filled with it just for my bees, that's if the bees do truely feed of it. And not to forget in a hammock sending smoke signals towards the bees from a big J hanging out of my mouth :party:

I told them I'd be far more concerned if they developed a drink problem, to be honest. The most evil of them all, yet our 'culture' finds it so acceptable and I wouldn't put Cannabis and addict in the same sentence, unless we are prepared to call all drinkers alcoholics.

I know hundreds of drinkers and maybe half that smokers and put me in a room full of overdosed smokers over complete drunk people any day.

I don't doubt your sincere in your work but you can be sincerely wrong in your research in cancer. The people in these labs do do sterling work but at the top of the chain, the pharmaceutical corporations of this world do it to make meds for profit!! Once you have the main goal is to make profit, making people better comes last. Its better to treat cancer patients than cure them if this is your aim!! Even an idiot like me can work this out!

Show me the peer reviewed data then that shows 'it cures cancer'.

I agree.

I definitely agree that cannabinoids should be available for those who find it helps with chronic pain/immobility/tremors etc. Surely it would be possible to allow medics to certify medicinal use, whether legalised or not?

One reservation is that the cannabis of my youth is nothing like the stuff that is available these days. Even if it were legalised now - presumably to "standardised" strengths - would the lure of stronger strains which are continually being developed mean that some form of criminal trade would continue?

BTW, bees don't work it, so no THC/CBD honey...

Last edited:
I agree.

I definitely agree that cannabinoids should be available for those who find it helps with chronic pain/immobility/tremors etc. Surely it would be possible to allow medics to certify medicinal use, whether legalised or not?

One reservation is that the cannabis of my youth is nothing like the stuff that is available these days. Even if it were legalised now - presumably to "standardised" strengths - would the lure of stronger strains which are continually being developed mean that some form of criminal trade would continue?

BTW, bees don't work it, so no THC/CBD honey...

The criminal trade will continue as long as there is prohibition on it! Look at what happened to drink when they did this in america, there ended up more unregulated drinking dens and people starting killing each other over it. Same with weed and now with this prohibition, its actually easier for kids to get there hands on it. An example is when I was a young kid in secondary school at 13 years of age we could get our hands on weed easier than drink because you needed to enter a licensed premises to get it and no one in their right mind would sell an underage kid alcohol from a licensed premises, but the same couldn't be said for weed.

Good grief ... I'm away for a day and WINTER arrives ... what happened to Autumn ?? Finnie will be along in a minute ... he must have finnished extracting by now ?

Good grief ... I'm away for a day and WINTER arrives ... what happened to Autumn ?? Finnie will be along in a minute ... he must have finnished extracting by now ?

Does this mean this will get moved to off topic now its been confirmed bees don't forage on cannabis?

One reservation is that the cannabis of my youth is nothing like the stuff that is available these days.

I'm sceptical about that, too. A glass of wine is 'stronger' than any spliff IMOVHO.
It just saddens me to hear all the anti arguments, especially when they are bandied about by people who are quite happy to joke about their alcohol fuelled stunts.
There's not much worse than a drunk.

Latest posts

Back