Beware Bee chew Gaffer tape

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While they dont touch aluminium tape or even aluminium coatings they will chew and remove "silver" gaffer tape. we had correx gaffered into the floor of a hive. they chew the gaffer almost completely away in places.

I've used it to block feeder holes a few times and the little darlings are through it PDQ.

If the regulars miss the posts, or forget them, what chance is there for educating the beginners?

The issue of gaping holes in crownboards comes up so regularly, so I suspect that most sound advice is either not seen or ignored by the large majority on the forum.

BTW duct tape over feed holes has never been removed from my hives, as far as I can recall. Tile, glass or a piece of wood might be preferable, but I went the whole hog and made solid crown boards. End of problem.

Happens to me as well .....but I am OLD !

I don't need that excuse.. I am perfect in every way.. but then Lord it's hard to be humble...:sunning:

I don't need that excuse.. I am perfect in every way.. but then Lord it's hard to be humble...:sunning:

I never had you down in my book as medallion man -you've just gone up three notches in the esteem ratings ! The line I liked began with 'I used to have a girlfriend but I guess she just couldn't compete ...." Very funny song. ... And too near the truth in many cases !!!

Latest posts

Back