Bees Boxes & Heat

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two more fixtures for my talk on Heat transfer and Bees

14th October 7.30pm Winchester and District @ Itchen Abbas Village Hall
20th November 7.30pm Basingstoke at 7:30pm at Viables Community Centre Basingstoke RG22 4BJ

It was very well received at our assoc- raised a lot of discussion, and sold a lot of Kingspan for our local builders merchants!

I enjoyed the Basingstoke talk, very informative.

Of course it leaves a complete newbie like me wondering where to start, I'm not sure I could build a PIR hive without having a conventional hive as a reference for the finer construction details.

ps. The wife says polyhives are ugly, there is a certain style/feel to a cedar hives that can't be beat however bad they might be for bees. Maybe PIR with a wood veneer cladding is the way to go.

Don't despair bob, wood hives have seen me through 30 years. Ok, so my bees could produce more honey, they could be bigger hives, they could use less winter stores, but do they want to do any of the above? Do I need them to do any of the above? Not really. They give me honey, they live well, they look good.
I love them as they are!
Sorry Derek , see where you are coming from but not for me :)
E

Don't despair bob, wood hives have seen me through 30 years. Ok, so my bees could produce more honey, they could be bigger hives, they could use less winter stores, but do they want to do any of the above? Do I need them to do any of the above? Not really. They give me honey, they live well, they look good.
I love them as they are!
Sorry Derek , see where you are coming from but not for me :)
E

Quite right, afterall you have 30 years experience of keeping bees. Obviously doing something right.

Hi Derek

Are you ever likely to do any over Sussex/Kent way?

Norman

I usually rely on BKA invitations ... furthest your way has been Brighton so far.

Doing one up in Leeds in April but thats related to the computational Fluid dynamics software i use and then theres the BBKA spring convention.

Get me an invite to your BKA would be your best bet.

Derek

going a bit further now:
SBA Autumn convention Edinburgh (Broxall) 12th September
MWCC Cirencester 20th September
South Devon convention Totnes 15th October
Warwick Stoneleigh 6th February
Kings Lynn AGM 20th February

going a bit further now:
SBA Autumn convention Edinburgh (Broxall) 12th September
MWCC Cirencester 20th September
South Devon convention Totnes 15th October
Warwick Stoneleigh 6th February
Kings Lynn AGM 20th February
Add Bedfordshire bee keepers 5th November

Major change to talk ... More on the math much less on experiment

First one was Bedford
Next Epping forest bka 19th November
Orpington bka Jan 20th

Do you think other beekeepers who give talks to other beekeepers around the UK should post all their bookings on this forum ? Maybe we should have a separate section for it ?

Major change to talk ... More on the math much less on experiment

First one was Bedford
Next Epping forest bka 19th November
Orpington bka Jan 20th

Oh, that will keep them awake

Do you think other beekeepers who give talks to other beekeepers around the UK should post all their bookings on this forum ? Maybe we should have a separate section for it ?

:iagree:

maybe we could title it and add a strapline - something like:

Beekeeping association news/chat Do you have an event planned ? Connect with other local beekeepers and chat about beekeeping in your area/association.

it would certainly help BKA commitees trying to find/sample speakers and help them boost numbers of attendees from nearby BKAs
also another way of finding out about talks going on in your area

20th Jan Orpington
27th Jan Leeds (CFD usergroup not beekeepers)
6th Feb Warwickshire @ stoneleigh
20th Feb Kings Lynn
12th April Swansea
13th September Lancaster
11th October Chichester
25th October Chalfont
14th November Bridgend

Back