• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Swarm wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisboy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi I sadly lost both my hives over. Winter :( and am looking to start up again if any one in the Guildford area has any bees for sale or. Gets a call to a swarm they can not collect. Please please give me a call or txt :) my number is 07873650468

Hi Louisboy,

If you know it wasn't disease that caused ther demise, you could always setup two hives as bait hives. Some lemon grass oil from holland and barret would be good, south facing and up on a garage for example. Search for posts on bait hives, while you're awaiting a swarm.

hi thanks for the advise i have ordered some lemmon grass oil of ebay as this worked last year thanks :p

Do you belong to an Association? Somebody may be splitting a big colony and be generous enough to give you half. Worth a shout. And get on their swarm list. They are beginning to be called in and may be happy for you to go and grab one.
You would be VERY lucky if a swarm found your bait hive... best not rely on that, be more proactive in getting out there and bringing one in.

Latest posts

Back