Mike Palmers late winter cluster!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No where have I read him blaming climate.

Mr P keep up the good work and don't listen to the crazy guy from Finłand. I like seeing your videos.

I ment climate comments of this forum, not Palmer's video. Palmer's climate is quite close to me, what I have read.

Got nowt to do with how many hives you own; loads to do with turning what started a real positive thread in to negativities all the time. Gets all very tiring

I guess there is a back story to the sniping\snipping? (spelling? :) )

I use a cement mixer to make up the product. With the same ratio of ingredients, you might mix a smaller batch in 5 gallon bucket with a drill and paint mixer.

Add to mixer:

17 lb. hot water
42 lb. sugar.

Mix until sugar is dissolved.

Add 6 cups vegetable oil
Add 25 lb. UltraBee...SLOWLY.

Mix until chunks are gone.

I use a cement mixer to make up the product. With the same ratio of ingredients, you might mix a smaller batch in 5 gallon bucket with a drill and paint mixer.

Add to mixer:

17 lb. hot water
42 lb. sugar.

Add 6 cups vegetable oil

Thanks..
Try it next year...

Add to mixer:

17 lb. hot water
42 lb. sugar.

Add 6 cups vegetable oil

Thanks for that. Not had much luck with pollen substitute in the past but intend to carry out a trial with this one next year.

Add to mixer:

17 lb. hot water
42 lb. sugar.

Add 6 cups vegetable oil

Thank you, will use this once the ready made are gone.

avatar_9187f2d8f756_128_by_todomatsv-d9shp4f.png

Look at that mixer !

Add to mixer:

17 lb. hot water
42 lb. sugar.

Add 6 cups vegetable oil

you just sold a shed load of ultrabee for mannlake. I hope your on commission!

and keep those awesome videos coming. They are fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

Actually it's UltraBee powder from Mann Lake...mixed with sugar, water, and veg. oil. They do gobble it down. Gobble, gobble, gobble!

We use Ultrabee patties bought in pre made in quantaties during Mannlake UK's special offers through the year, but we also buy buckets of ultrabee powder from Mannlake UK and do the same mix as MP, and they do like it. We have also bought some buckets of Beepro from them this year in the sale to give it a try at times of the year where we feel our bees don't need the 'power' of ultrabee. :)

Having ultrabee being consumed does mean that at the same time, the bees can benefit from when there is only a low quality of pollen around.

Sorry to digress as usual.

Andy.

worked it out massive saving mixing own

@80 Lb mix ultra bee £32 sugar £20 oil humm £2.00 total £54
80 Lb pre made at usual cost £106

I think I got it right it is based on getting the 50Lb bags of Ultra

Used the mix in 2017 Q Rearing and now for feeding. Works well.

Excellent thread (apart from usual trolling). Surely different opinions can be exchanged without animosity?

For us beginners a real insight into how the experts handle their bees.

Question: regarding smoker/bodywarmer - is this a special make of smoker, if not how to avoid burnt gonads?

Excellent thread (apart from usual trolling). Surely different opinions can be exchanged without animosity?

For us beginners a real insight into how the experts handle their bees.

Question: regarding smoker/bodywarmer - is this a special make of smoker, if not how to avoid burnt gonads?

Have a small operation .

Latest posts

Back