WSBKA bee auction.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't make it in the end - SWMBO is still on lambing duty, and as I've got a bust knee, I'm on daycare! 🤣 Any bargains to be had?!

As always some real bargains and some high prices.
2 old burco boilers sold for a fiver each, old painted WBC was about £300 I think and the nucs of bees went from between £200 and £250.

I missed out, my son had found a car he liked the look of in Reading and wanted to go and have a look at it - by the time we got back, too late to get up there - it was only a social visit as there was not much there that I really needed.

Couldn't make it in the end - SWMBO is still on lambing duty, and as I've got a bust knee, I'm on daycare! 🤣 Any bargains to be had?!

2 old burco boilers sold for a fiver each, old painted WBC was about £300 I think and the nucs of bees went from between £200 and £250.
I overpaid for some 15lb buckets - new thankfully but I couldn't believe what some of the used buckets went for! Old Castle Farm ventilated beesuit for £40 (no holes that I could see and the zips work...) and some supers for £6 each were probably my best deals. Supers had some rodent damage but I've already scorched them and the filler's curing.

I overpaid for some 15lb buckets - new thankfully but I couldn't believe what some of the used buckets went for! Old Castle Farm ventilated beesuit for £40 (no holes that I could see and the zips work...) and some supers for £6 each were probably my best deals. Supers had some rodent damage but I've already scorched them and the filler's curing.
I bought 20 x 30lb buckets (they had been used for mincemeat originally) for 24 quid which I thought was a bargain, yeah I looked at that suit and thought that was probaly a bargain but I bought one earlier in the year.
Oh the 3 cardboard nucs I bought for £2 was quite good too :)

I bought 20 x 30lb buckets (they had been used for mincemeat originally) for 24 quid which I thought was a bargain, yeah I looked at that suit and thought that was probaly a bargain but I bought one earlier in the year.
I didn't check but they looked a bit long for national... Make sure they're right before you need 'em in a hurry.
Though if they're no good £2 for some smoker fuel isn't so bad :eek:

I didn't check but they looked a bit long for national... Make sure they're right before you need 'em in a hurry.
Though if they're no good £2 for some smoker fuel isn't so bad :eek:
They are pretty universal. You can move one end internally to accommodate different frame sizes.

Some random lots and random purchases. Couldn’t believe what some people were paying for stuff that would have been cheaper as new! Knackered when I got home plus arm ache from showing the lots. My best bargain was £6 for 10 x 15lb buckets.

Not many lots of bees this year.

I’ve just heard that one of the nucs sold yesterday was stolen while the auction was going on.
It’s bad enough that it’s stolen but knowing that someone has paid good money for it makes you wonder about the morals of some beekeepers 🥲.
I also heard that one guy was buying replacement gear because he recently had 15 colonies stolen!!!

I’ve just heard that one of the nucs sold yesterday was stolen while the auction was going on.
It’s bad enough that it’s stolen but knowing that someone has paid good money for it makes you wonder about the morals of some beekeepers 🥲.
I also heard that one guy was buying replacement gear because he recently had 15 colonies stolen!!!
Yeah, the guy was from Suffolk. He said he was burgled last week & lost everything. He thought it might be another beekeeper as they knew exactly what to take…. 🤬

Latest posts

Back